- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
The Western Hemisphere was severely shaken up recently, and although the work is purely fictional (for now) Twitter is standing still standing around with its collective jaw hanging open.
A 16-year-old girl named Anna has created a map of North and South America that’s so buck wild that literally hundreds of thousands of people have been equally blown away and confused.
The map was posted to Twitter by her father, sports journalist Craig Calcaterra. Calcaterra says he discovered the map after asking his Anna if she had any homework. She said she did not, but “[I] have a map I’m working on”. The next day he discovered her brilliant dystopian vision of the future.
While there is no part of this map that isn’t amazing let’s point out just a few highlights:
- The Florida Coastline now extends across the entire southern border of the United States, which of course lead to civil war
- Minnesota renamed “East Dakota”
- Long Chile
- Wyoming deemed unnecessary and removed
- Ohio 2
Naturally, people had a lot of questions.
Good news though, Anna had answers for us. Bad news: they really only lead to more questions.
Firstly, the removal of Wyoming seems to have something to do with a mysterious personal grudge/belief that the state might not even exist.
She also, kind of, cleared up the mystery of “Ohio 2”
And finally dropped this chilling thought bomb on all of us.
That’s right, perhaps the true dystopian future is the one we’re living in right now.
Enjoy picking your brains up off the floor.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.