- ‘Chernobyl’ star Jared Harris is concerned about people taking Instagrams there Today 12:18 PM
- Mattel’s BTS dolls are finally up for preorder Today 12:14 PM
- Harry Styles is in talks to play Prince Eric in ‘The Little Mermaid’ Today 11:44 AM
- Graphic video shows father beating young daughter for being sexually active Today 11:40 AM
- Black conservative activist made #IceBae a thing Today 9:53 AM
- Jeffrey Epstein’s pilot deletes Instagram after Kellyanne Conway pic surfaces Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Pennyworth’ is a deliriously strange addition to the Batman franchise Today 7:30 AM
- How to read free magazines with your Amazon Prime membership Today 7:00 AM
- 2020 celeb donations: Hanks loves Biden, Stamos stans Buttigieg Today 6:30 AM
- AirTV is essential for Sling TV subscribers Today 6:00 AM
- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
The President’s merch selection is accidentally symbolic.
Living in America in 2017 is often terrifying and unpredictable. If you need yet another visual reminder, President Trump’s official website is now selling on-brand merch! A Halloween baseball cap, which is currently sold out, features a jack-o’-lantern on front and the slogan “Make America Great Again” on back.
The pairing of the slogan and an image meant to frighten people is (likely?) unintentionally frightening, and the internet was quick to roast the $45 baseball cap.
People made comparisons between the orange jack-o’-lantern and Trump’s skin color.
That's the same color of Trump's orange makeup, that's so cool. He shouldn't wear one, though, won't know where the hat begins & the multiple chins end. (Btw, that $$ is used for his many legal fees.) At least you guys can get jobs on QVC when it's over.— mikey castillo (@mikeyc1121) October 23, 2017
LOLOLOL - is that a joke? You made an orange MAGA hat?! Is that donald? You all are the least self-aware bunch I've ever seen.— LittleBlueDot (@LittleBlueDotTx) October 23, 2017
you guys nailed the color 👏🏻 pic.twitter.com/NjOa7D3Btl— kevin (@KevINthe406) October 17, 2017
The products available on Trump’s site are perhaps a little too on-the-nose.
Right now the featured products on Trump's merchandise site are a gold medal, MAGA pumpkin hat, and dog collar.— Nate Lerner (@NathanLerner) October 24, 2017
You can't make this shit up pic.twitter.com/YR6IHkAYqu
Coincidentally, the cover for next week’s New Yorker bears a resemblance to the baseball cap.
Happy Halloween, America!
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.