- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Monday 3:05 PM
- These TikTok videos that recreate NPC interactions from Skyrim are honestly incredible Monday 2:40 PM
- John Legend defends pro-consent ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ lyrics Monday 2:38 PM
- Video shows UC Berkeley student using racial slurs, making homophobic comments Monday 2:36 PM
- New video reveals Brother Nature instigated sandwich shop fight Monday 2:06 PM
- Lizzo’s thong dress breaks the internet Monday 1:25 PM
- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? Monday 1:09 PM
- It’s 2019: Make your holiday cards online, for free this year Monday 12:47 PM
- Fighting over the ‘Marriage Story’ fight scene becomes a meme Monday 12:41 PM
- ‘Trump is innocent!’: InfoWars correspondent interrupts impeachment hearing Monday 12:12 PM
- Video shows runner smacking reporter’s butt on live TV Monday 11:46 AM
Living in America in 2017 is often terrifying and unpredictable. If you need yet another visual reminder, President Trump’s official website is now selling on-brand merch! A Halloween baseball cap, which is currently sold out, features a jack-o’-lantern on front and the slogan “Make America Great Again” on back.
The pairing of the slogan and an image meant to frighten people is (likely?) unintentionally frightening, and the internet was quick to roast the $45 baseball cap.
People made comparisons between the orange jack-o’-lantern and Trump’s skin color.
That's the same color of Trump's orange makeup, that's so cool. He shouldn't wear one, though, won't know where the hat begins & the multiple chins end. (Btw, that $$ is used for his many legal fees.) At least you guys can get jobs on QVC when it's over.— mikey castillo (@mikeyc1121) October 23, 2017
LOLOLOL - is that a joke? You made an orange MAGA hat?! Is that donald? You all are the least self-aware bunch I've ever seen.— LittleBlueDot (@LittleBlueDotTx) October 23, 2017
you guys nailed the color 👏🏻 pic.twitter.com/NjOa7D3Btl— kevin (@KevINthe406) October 17, 2017
The products available on Trump’s site are perhaps a little too on-the-nose.
Right now the featured products on Trump's merchandise site are a gold medal, MAGA pumpkin hat, and dog collar.— Nate Lerner (@NathanLerner) October 24, 2017
You can't make this shit up pic.twitter.com/YR6IHkAYqu
Coincidentally, the cover for next week’s New Yorker bears a resemblance to the baseball cap.
Happy Halloween, America!
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.