- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
There are few series that have been more impactful on young millennials and Gen Zers than the Twilight saga. Now teens are reliving Twilight love on TikTok with videos that poke fun at the series and its biggest fans.
Thanks to four sequels and Tumblr’s “Twilight renaissance” of memes, the fandom has only evolved in the 11 years the Cullen clan first hit theaters. On TikTok, where many users were in elementary school when the first Twilight movie was released, creators are looking back on the movies that gripped their pre-pubescent hearts.
The TikTok videos are mostly “point-of-view,” or POV-style, and riff on other popular acting challenges.
And since there’s nothing like a haunting piano ballad to remind you of teen vampire angst, many of the videos use the song “For Twilight Lovers” by @jasonwaund. (@jasonwaund did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.)
“me in middle school listening to the twilight soundtrack on my way to the bus pretending i was bella going to meet edward outside,” user @laurenmeyerz wrote.
If you watched the Twilight saga, you probably pretended to be a vampire at least once, or maybe knew about that one kid in class who always did. If you feel like reminiscing, @lolilexi’s videos are perfect.
Maybe you were just heavily obsessed and willing to duke it out with anyone who wasn’t 100% Team Edward.
And whether you’re still a diehard Fanpire or not, you have to admit: The acting in some the TikTok videos far surpasses the movies.
Collyn Burke is a senior journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin interning for the Daily Dot's editorial team and Two Girls One Podcast. Her work has previously appeared in the Daily Texan and the Texas Observer.