- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays 4 Years Ago
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights 4 Years Ago
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ 4 Years Ago
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Today 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Today 10:44 AM
- Despite changes, the YouTube 2019 Rewind video is still massively disliked Today 10:11 AM
- ‘Home for Christmas’ brings a needed sharp edge to Christmas rom-com season Today 10:07 AM
- Joe Biden seemingly called a voter ‘fat’—but his campaign denies it Today 9:30 AM
- The decade in internet scamming Today 9:00 AM
- Bernie Sanders unveils ‘high-speed internet for all’ plan Today 8:59 AM
- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
Melton made this shot look good, but looks can be deceiving, and karma swiftly punished him for his hubris. I’m not going to spoil the punchline, but it is exquisite. Watching him go for the ball after it’s all over? *Italian chef kiss*, my friends. One for the ages.
Tens of thousands of retweets, each one a red-hot poker of shame.
Even his sister is making fun of him.
To his eternal credit, though, Melton is totally chill about it.
It’s okay, man. Even Steph doesn’t make ’em all.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.