- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True 2 Years Ago
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Today 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Today 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Today 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Today 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Today 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Today 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Today 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Today 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Today 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Today 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Today 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Today 12:55 PM
- A GoFundMe for Eric Garner’s killer has raised more than $70,000 Today 12:49 PM
- YouTuber finds GoPro footage of man who drowned in 2017 Today 12:20 PM
Say what you want about Ted Cruz, the man knows how to do some good tweets.
Though people hated on his Grayson Allen shot at Deadspin, it was, objectively, good. Now, he has entered the fray with regards to the Sen. Ben Sasse smoking some reefer Twitter hullabaloo, with a sweet content callback from a debate earlier in the week.
"So anyway, it’s a romper for guys and it’s called the RompHim and I just ordered two." https://t.co/6BNDNZRqrb— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) May 18, 2017
He has answered a call for captions from this Free Beacon tweet.
Caption Contest pic.twitter.com/Q2DTt4ZRXv— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) May 18, 2017
Get it? It’s a good tweet!
It’s not the best tweet, but it’s solid. And, really, isn’t that all we can hope for?
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]