- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video 2 Years Ago
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Today 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
Somehow this became bigger news than yesterday’s Washington Post report.
Yesterday, a thing happened.
That’s a big thing, right?
Another thing happened as well: A men’s fashion brand invented a romper for men.
That’s, like… that’s not a big fucking deal. Right? I swear I’m right on this. It’s a piece of clothing that a man can purchase or not purchase, and that unless you one day run into a man wearing one and he asks your opinion on it, you can have it never directly affect your life.
Of those two things, which do you think Twitter lost more of its collective shit over?
Yeah. The man romper.
me: i am wearing a romper
men: what's that? a rompHER?
me: no, just a r—
men: ok boys you know what we gotta do pic.twitter.com/8rbChk2MLn
— Julia Pugachevsky (@jaypugz) May 15, 2017
— Ryan Gazdacka (@RyanGazdacka) May 15, 2017
Is nothing sacred? https://t.co/R2poydz4j8
— Danica (@dinka04) May 15, 2017
If I see you wearing this, or hear you using the word romphim, I will whack you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. pic.twitter.com/MfFeODHhjD
— lisalisa&theclutjam (@lisasopinions) May 16, 2017
This is just not right. If you wear a RompHim, you might as well plan on never having sex again. pic.twitter.com/dZJBcTBtpv
— momlovesfaith (@momlovesfaith) May 15, 2017
Please don't make men's rompers a "thing"https://t.co/wluZuSBQbJ
— Malware Unicorn (@malwareunicorn) May 15, 2017
— Saatchi Synergize (@SSSynergize) May 16, 2017
Lost man card alert.https://t.co/wXxnLgM39X
— LoriJ (@Iowans_Rock) May 16, 2017
Ever feel like you're getting laid *too* much? https://t.co/W2WM0aBSXa
— Nick Mackay (@NickFMackay) May 15, 2017
mom: how was your first day at school
me: [wearing a RompHim] all the kids made fun of me
mom: well, it's not easy being the new teacher
— paperwash© (@PaperWash) May 15, 2017
Maybe it is our inability online to give the correct amount of weight to things that don’t have an intrinsic relevance on our life that is problematic.
But also, you know, potentially the thing about the president revealing classified information. That might be A Thing too.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]