- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
Yesterday, a thing happened.
That’s a big thing, right?
Another thing happened as well: A men’s fashion brand invented a romper for men.
That’s, like… that’s not a big fucking deal. Right? I swear I’m right on this. It’s a piece of clothing that a man can purchase or not purchase, and that unless you one day run into a man wearing one and he asks your opinion on it, you can have it never directly affect your life.
Of those two things, which do you think Twitter lost more of its collective shit over?
Yeah. The man romper.
me: i am wearing a romper— Julia Pugachevsky (@jaypugz) May 15, 2017
men: what's that? a rompHER?
me: no, just a r—
men: ok boys you know what we gotta do pic.twitter.com/8rbChk2MLn
Actually bad.https://t.co/4rNWmiRdwy— Ryan Gazdacka (@RyanGazdacka) May 15, 2017
Is nothing sacred? https://t.co/R2poydz4j8— Danica (@dinka04) May 15, 2017
If I see you wearing this, or hear you using the word romphim, I will whack you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. pic.twitter.com/MfFeODHhjD— lisalisa&theclutjam (@lisasopinions) May 16, 2017
This is just not right. If you wear a RompHim, you might as well plan on never having sex again. pic.twitter.com/dZJBcTBtpv— momlovesfaith (@momlovesfaith) May 15, 2017
Please don't make men's rompers a "thing"https://t.co/wluZuSBQbJ— Malware Unicorn (@malwareunicorn) May 15, 2017
Lost man card alert.https://t.co/wXxnLgM39X— LoriJ (@Iowans_Rock) May 16, 2017
Ever feel like you're getting laid *too* much? https://t.co/W2WM0aBSXa— Nick Mackay (@NickFMackay) May 15, 2017
mom: how was your first day at school— paperwash© (@PaperWash) May 15, 2017
me: [wearing a RompHim] all the kids made fun of me
mom: well, it's not easy being the new teacher
Maybe it is our inability online to give the correct amount of weight to things that don’t have an intrinsic relevance on our life that is problematic.
But also, you know, potentially the thing about the president revealing classified information. That might be A Thing too.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]