- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
Yesterday, a thing happened.
That’s a big thing, right?
Another thing happened as well: A men’s fashion brand invented a romper for men.
That’s, like… that’s not a big fucking deal. Right? I swear I’m right on this. It’s a piece of clothing that a man can purchase or not purchase, and that unless you one day run into a man wearing one and he asks your opinion on it, you can have it never directly affect your life.
Of those two things, which do you think Twitter lost more of its collective shit over?
Yeah. The man romper.
me: i am wearing a romper— Julia Pugachevsky (@jaypugz) May 15, 2017
men: what's that? a rompHER?
me: no, just a r—
men: ok boys you know what we gotta do pic.twitter.com/8rbChk2MLn
Actually bad.https://t.co/4rNWmiRdwy— Ryan Gazdacka (@RyanGazdacka) May 15, 2017
Is nothing sacred? https://t.co/R2poydz4j8— Danica (@dinka04) May 15, 2017
If I see you wearing this, or hear you using the word romphim, I will whack you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. pic.twitter.com/MfFeODHhjD— lisalisa&theclutjam (@lisasopinions) May 16, 2017
This is just not right. If you wear a RompHim, you might as well plan on never having sex again. pic.twitter.com/dZJBcTBtpv— momlovesfaith (@momlovesfaith) May 15, 2017
Please don't make men's rompers a "thing"https://t.co/wluZuSBQbJ— Malware Unicorn (@malwareunicorn) May 15, 2017
Lost man card alert.https://t.co/wXxnLgM39X— LoriJ (@Iowans_Rock) May 16, 2017
Ever feel like you're getting laid *too* much? https://t.co/W2WM0aBSXa— Nick Mackay (@NickFMackay) May 15, 2017
mom: how was your first day at school— paperwash© (@PaperWash) May 15, 2017
me: [wearing a RompHim] all the kids made fun of me
mom: well, it's not easy being the new teacher
Maybe it is our inability online to give the correct amount of weight to things that don’t have an intrinsic relevance on our life that is problematic.
But also, you know, potentially the thing about the president revealing classified information. That might be A Thing too.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]