- Gina Rodriguez has said N-word before, Twitter discovers Wednesday 6:54 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Broncos on Thursday Night Football Wednesday 6:00 PM
- Feds take down dark web’s largest known child porn site Wednesday 5:33 PM
- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s Wednesday 5:06 PM
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone Wednesday 4:14 PM
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Wednesday 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Wednesday 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Wednesday 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Wednesday 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Wednesday 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Wednesday 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Wednesday 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Wednesday 11:14 AM
- Biden yelling at Warren becomes relatable workplace meme Wednesday 10:33 AM
Yesterday, a thing happened.
That’s a big thing, right?
Another thing happened as well: A men’s fashion brand invented a romper for men.
That’s, like… that’s not a big fucking deal. Right? I swear I’m right on this. It’s a piece of clothing that a man can purchase or not purchase, and that unless you one day run into a man wearing one and he asks your opinion on it, you can have it never directly affect your life.
Of those two things, which do you think Twitter lost more of its collective shit over?
Yeah. The man romper.
me: i am wearing a romper— Julia Pugachevsky (@jaypugz) May 15, 2017
men: what's that? a rompHER?
me: no, just a r—
men: ok boys you know what we gotta do pic.twitter.com/8rbChk2MLn
Actually bad.https://t.co/4rNWmiRdwy— Ryan Gazdacka (@RyanGazdacka) May 15, 2017
Is nothing sacred? https://t.co/R2poydz4j8— Danica (@dinka04) May 15, 2017
If I see you wearing this, or hear you using the word romphim, I will whack you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. pic.twitter.com/MfFeODHhjD— lisalisa&theclutjam (@lisasopinions) May 16, 2017
This is just not right. If you wear a RompHim, you might as well plan on never having sex again. pic.twitter.com/dZJBcTBtpv— momlovesfaith (@momlovesfaith) May 15, 2017
Please don't make men's rompers a "thing"https://t.co/wluZuSBQbJ— Malware Unicorn (@malwareunicorn) May 15, 2017
Lost man card alert.https://t.co/wXxnLgM39X— LoriJ (@Iowans_Rock) May 16, 2017
Ever feel like you're getting laid *too* much? https://t.co/W2WM0aBSXa— Nick Mackay (@NickFMackay) May 15, 2017
mom: how was your first day at school— paperwash© (@PaperWash) May 15, 2017
me: [wearing a RompHim] all the kids made fun of me
mom: well, it's not easy being the new teacher
Maybe it is our inability online to give the correct amount of weight to things that don’t have an intrinsic relevance on our life that is problematic.
But also, you know, potentially the thing about the president revealing classified information. That might be A Thing too.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]