- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free 2 Years Ago
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free 2 Years Ago
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
Somehow this became bigger news than yesterday’s Washington Post report.
Yesterday, a thing happened.
That’s a big thing, right?
Another thing happened as well: A men’s fashion brand invented a romper for men.
That’s, like… that’s not a big fucking deal. Right? I swear I’m right on this. It’s a piece of clothing that a man can purchase or not purchase, and that unless you one day run into a man wearing one and he asks your opinion on it, you can have it never directly affect your life.
Of those two things, which do you think Twitter lost more of its collective shit over?
Yeah. The man romper.
me: i am wearing a romper
men: what's that? a rompHER?
me: no, just a r—
men: ok boys you know what we gotta do pic.twitter.com/8rbChk2MLn
— Julia Pugachevsky (@jaypugz) May 15, 2017
— Ryan Gazdacka (@RyanGazdacka) May 15, 2017
Is nothing sacred? https://t.co/R2poydz4j8
— Danica (@dinka04) May 15, 2017
If I see you wearing this, or hear you using the word romphim, I will whack you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. pic.twitter.com/MfFeODHhjD
— lisalisa&theclutjam (@lisasopinions) May 16, 2017
This is just not right. If you wear a RompHim, you might as well plan on never having sex again. pic.twitter.com/dZJBcTBtpv
— momlovesfaith (@momlovesfaith) May 15, 2017
Please don't make men's rompers a "thing"https://t.co/wluZuSBQbJ
— Malware Unicorn (@malwareunicorn) May 15, 2017
— Saatchi Synergize (@SSSynergize) May 16, 2017
Lost man card alert.https://t.co/wXxnLgM39X
— LoriJ (@Iowans_Rock) May 16, 2017
Ever feel like you're getting laid *too* much? https://t.co/W2WM0aBSXa
— Nick Mackay (@NickFMackay) May 15, 2017
mom: how was your first day at school
me: [wearing a RompHim] all the kids made fun of me
mom: well, it's not easy being the new teacher
— paperwash© (@PaperWash) May 15, 2017
Maybe it is our inability online to give the correct amount of weight to things that don’t have an intrinsic relevance on our life that is problematic.
But also, you know, potentially the thing about the president revealing classified information. That might be A Thing too.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]