- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
The 5 biggest beefs on Twitter
Beef sounds right.
On Tuesday, the world of Twitter erupted in a series of celebrity fights. Everyone yelled at everyone, from Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift duking it out over racist MTV Video Music Awards snubs (yes, apparently the VMAs are still very much a thing) to Meek Mill putting Drake on blast for using a ghostwriter.
Beef kept in under 140 characters isn’t a new phenomenon. Celebs have long aired their grievances there, like when Lorde got into a fight with Diplo over the DJ’s body-shaming remarks about bestie T-Swizzle. And with Hollywood’s biggest egos online, there’s definitely going to be more than just a couple public quarrels.
So we’ve gathered the biggest, juiciest beefs to have sizzled on Twitter. Hope you brought a fork and knife, because this beef is prime.
1) Jack Link’s Jerky
Grab your spurs and saddle up—this beef is being jerky in more ways than one.
2) Boar’s Head
Oh. My. Gosh. Boar’s Head went OFF on poor Pamela. “You can try Tuscany Meats & Deli” is pretty much the “You can try Sears” line from Mean Girls. (But in deli terms, obviously.)
3) The Laughing Cow
Remove the ends, cut once, and pull—that’s how the Laughing Cow also gets rid of its enemies.
Although @Beef has the biggest name recognition, its Twitter meat isn’t all that tasty. Hardly any saltiness or sass. But I do have beef with the size of that Sirloin Filet portion—it’s just inconsiderate.
And of course, we’d be beefless without the United States Department of Agriculture. Verified and engaging, this is the beef you need to be following on Twitter.
As Maya Rudolph declared on the SNL “Super Showcase” skit as Shonda, beef sounds right.
Photo via Jon Bunting/Flickr (CC BY 2.0) | Remix by Jason Reed
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.