- ‘Christmas With My Father’: Generational tension, without the tension 4 Years Ago
- New ‘Rise of Skywalker’ clip includes a possible spoiler about Palpatine Today 7:16 AM
- Teens keep trolling Florida’s new school safety app Today 6:30 AM
- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- ‘Party, Party, Party’ TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
Taco restaurant turns robbery footage into spicy commercial
Looking to take a bite out of crime.
Apparently the fare at Frijoles and Frescas Grilled Tacos is so tempting that it compels people to break into the establishment after closing in search of a tasty tortilla-shelled treat. And while the restaurant can’t take responsibility for what their tacos cause people to do, they’re at least taking it in good humor and using the incident for a bit of hilarious publicity.
Two burglars broke into the Las Vegas-based joint at around 3:30am on December 16, with the entire heist caught on security cameras. Frijoles and Frescas Grilled Tacos has since turned the footage into a commercial, announcing that these locos must have been totally crazy for their tacos to shatter some glass to get inside. And they were so tunnel-visioned by their munchies that they took the cash register instead of some tacos.
Police are looking for the perpetrators, and the restaurant has asked that anyone with information contact the Las Vegas Metro Police Department. It’s also unknown if they have any connection to the Hamburglar.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.