- Mike Pence, who fueled HIV outbreak, is now in charge of coronavirus outbreak Wednesday 9:15 PM
- Distressing TikTok shows woman being sexually harassed Wednesday 7:49 PM
- Dele Alli charged with misconduct for video mocking Asian man over the coronavirus Wednesday 7:18 PM
- Teen says she is suicidal after bullying video goes viral Wednesday 6:01 PM
- Trump supporters claim Reddit is staging a coup against The_Donald Wednesday 5:58 PM
- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea Wednesday 5:27 PM
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump Wednesday 5:25 PM
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Wednesday 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Wednesday 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Wednesday 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Wednesday 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Wednesday 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Wednesday 12:32 PM
Taco restaurant turns robbery footage into spicy commercial
Looking to take a bite out of crime.
Apparently the fare at Frijoles and Frescas Grilled Tacos is so tempting that it compels people to break into the establishment after closing in search of a tasty tortilla-shelled treat. And while the restaurant can’t take responsibility for what their tacos cause people to do, they’re at least taking it in good humor and using the incident for a bit of hilarious publicity.
Two burglars broke into the Las Vegas-based joint at around 3:30am on December 16, with the entire heist caught on security cameras. Frijoles and Frescas Grilled Tacos has since turned the footage into a commercial, announcing that these locos must have been totally crazy for their tacos to shatter some glass to get inside. And they were so tunnel-visioned by their munchies that they took the cash register instead of some tacos.
Police are looking for the perpetrators, and the restaurant has asked that anyone with information contact the Las Vegas Metro Police Department. It’s also unknown if they have any connection to the Hamburglar.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.