- How to watch ‘Kidding’ for free 1 Year Ago
- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch TruTV online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
Somebody sent Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin an awfully s**tty Christmas gift
Photo via Joe Seer/Shutterstock.com (Licensed)
Somebody doesn’t want Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin to have a very merry Christmas. In fact, somebody wants his holiday season to be as shitty as possible.
According to KTLA, a holiday gift box that was addressed to Mnuchin was discovered at his Los Angeles home on Saturday evening, and inside the package was a load of horse manure.
Originally, police thought it to be a suspicious package but later determined it wasn’t a threat. (Unless, of course, you have an overly exaggerated sense of smell.) A Christmas card addressed to Mnuchin and President Donald Trump also reportedly was discovered. The Secret Service reportedly is investigating the incident.
Unsurprisingly, much of Twitter loved the crappy Christmas greeting.
What's the difference between Steve Mnuchin and a box of manure?
The blue suit
— PainfullyObvious (@painfllyobvious) December 24, 2017
Bomb squad called to Steve Mnuchin’s home after someone left a big box of Louise Linton movies on his doorstep.
— Marie Connor (@thistallawkgirl) December 24, 2017
I heard that Steve Mnuchin received a box of manure.
We may need to bring Sassy in for questioning. pic.twitter.com/lXiSQDuyqD
— ImpeachTrump (@dumptrump33) December 24, 2017
No no no. You did it all wrong. For full effect, you're supposed to put the manure in a paper bag and set it on fire.
— rick obermeyer (@ObermeyerRick) December 24, 2017
Mnuchin and his wife, Louise Linton, became a meme last month when they posed with a sheet of freshly-minted dollar bills, because the couple is, in fact, so very rich. Later, Mnuchin admitted that he was delighted that he had been branded a James Bond villain because of that money shot.
And if anybody is going to get the gift of horseshit during the holidays, it’s almost certainly going to be a Bond villain.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.