- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
Somebody doesn’t want Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin to have a very merry Christmas. In fact, somebody wants his holiday season to be as shitty as possible.
According to KTLA, a holiday gift box that was addressed to Mnuchin was discovered at his Los Angeles home on Saturday evening, and inside the package was a load of horse manure.
Originally, police thought it to be a suspicious package but later determined it wasn’t a threat. (Unless, of course, you have an overly exaggerated sense of smell.) A Christmas card addressed to Mnuchin and President Donald Trump also reportedly was discovered. The Secret Service reportedly is investigating the incident.
Unsurprisingly, much of Twitter loved the crappy Christmas greeting.
What's the difference between Steve Mnuchin and a box of manure?— PainfullyObvious (@painfllyobvious) December 24, 2017
The blue suit
Bomb squad called to Steve Mnuchin’s home after someone left a big box of Louise Linton movies on his doorstep.— Marie Connor (@thistallawkgirl) December 24, 2017
I heard that Steve Mnuchin received a box of manure.— ImpeachTrump (@dumptrump33) December 24, 2017
We may need to bring Sassy in for questioning. pic.twitter.com/lXiSQDuyqD
No no no. You did it all wrong. For full effect, you're supposed to put the manure in a paper bag and set it on fire.— rick obermeyer (@ObermeyerRick) December 24, 2017
Mnuchin and his wife, Louise Linton, became a meme last month when they posed with a sheet of freshly-minted dollar bills, because the couple is, in fact, so very rich. Later, Mnuchin admitted that he was delighted that he had been branded a James Bond villain because of that money shot.
And if anybody is going to get the gift of horseshit during the holidays, it’s almost certainly going to be a Bond villain.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.