- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? 2 Years Ago
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority 2 Years Ago
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Today 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
Somebody sent Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin an awfully s**tty Christmas gift
Photo via Joe Seer/Shutterstock.com (Licensed)
Somebody doesn’t want Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin to have a very merry Christmas. In fact, somebody wants his holiday season to be as shitty as possible.
According to KTLA, a holiday gift box that was addressed to Mnuchin was discovered at his Los Angeles home on Saturday evening, and inside the package was a load of horse manure.
Originally, police thought it to be a suspicious package but later determined it wasn’t a threat. (Unless, of course, you have an overly exaggerated sense of smell.) A Christmas card addressed to Mnuchin and President Donald Trump also reportedly was discovered. The Secret Service reportedly is investigating the incident.
Unsurprisingly, much of Twitter loved the crappy Christmas greeting.
What's the difference between Steve Mnuchin and a box of manure?— PainfullyObvious (@painfllyobvious) December 24, 2017
The blue suit
Bomb squad called to Steve Mnuchin’s home after someone left a big box of Louise Linton movies on his doorstep.— Marie Connor (@thistallawkgirl) December 24, 2017
I heard that Steve Mnuchin received a box of manure.— ImpeachTrump (@dumptrump33) December 24, 2017
We may need to bring Sassy in for questioning. pic.twitter.com/lXiSQDuyqD
No no no. You did it all wrong. For full effect, you're supposed to put the manure in a paper bag and set it on fire.— rick obermeyer (@ObermeyerRick) December 24, 2017
Mnuchin and his wife, Louise Linton, became a meme last month when they posed with a sheet of freshly-minted dollar bills, because the couple is, in fact, so very rich. Later, Mnuchin admitted that he was delighted that he had been branded a James Bond villain because of that money shot.
And if anybody is going to get the gift of horseshit during the holidays, it’s almost certainly going to be a Bond villain.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.