- ‘The Mandalorian’ opens up its mythology even further in ‘Chapter 2’ 2 Years Ago
- Want to buy a drone on a budget? We’ve got you covered 2 Years Ago
- ‘Simpsons’ writer accuses Republicans of stealing Sideshow Bob’s defense 2 Years Ago
- Keanu Reeves’ appearance in ‘SpongeBob Movie’ trailer quickly becomes a meme 2 Years Ago
- Charli XCX makes the band in Netflix’s ‘Nasty Cherry’ 2 Years Ago
- Taylor Swift’s distress call reignites fight with Scooter Braun and former label 2 Years Ago
- How to disable autoplay for previews and trailers on Disney+ Today 12:10 PM
- Trump accused of witness intimidation for tweets during impeachment hearing Today 11:48 AM
- Roger Stone convicted Today 11:34 AM
- FCC to replace comment system that got spammed during net neutrality fight Today 11:31 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama live in Concacaf Nations League Today 11:05 AM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada live in the Concacaf Nations League rematch Today 10:52 AM
- Dave Rubin freaks out over hoax that he didn’t eat this steak Today 10:37 AM
- 20 ugly sweaters that’ll make your spirits bright Today 10:32 AM
- A beginner’s guide to Mandalorians in the ‘Star Wars’ universe Today 10:02 AM
Somebody doesn’t want Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin to have a very merry Christmas. In fact, somebody wants his holiday season to be as shitty as possible.
According to KTLA, a holiday gift box that was addressed to Mnuchin was discovered at his Los Angeles home on Saturday evening, and inside the package was a load of horse manure.
Originally, police thought it to be a suspicious package but later determined it wasn’t a threat. (Unless, of course, you have an overly exaggerated sense of smell.) A Christmas card addressed to Mnuchin and President Donald Trump also reportedly was discovered. The Secret Service reportedly is investigating the incident.
Unsurprisingly, much of Twitter loved the crappy Christmas greeting.
What's the difference between Steve Mnuchin and a box of manure?— PainfullyObvious (@painfllyobvious) December 24, 2017
The blue suit
Bomb squad called to Steve Mnuchin’s home after someone left a big box of Louise Linton movies on his doorstep.— Marie Connor (@thistallawkgirl) December 24, 2017
I heard that Steve Mnuchin received a box of manure.— ImpeachTrump (@dumptrump33) December 24, 2017
We may need to bring Sassy in for questioning. pic.twitter.com/lXiSQDuyqD
No no no. You did it all wrong. For full effect, you're supposed to put the manure in a paper bag and set it on fire.— rick obermeyer (@ObermeyerRick) December 24, 2017
Mnuchin and his wife, Louise Linton, became a meme last month when they posed with a sheet of freshly-minted dollar bills, because the couple is, in fact, so very rich. Later, Mnuchin admitted that he was delighted that he had been branded a James Bond villain because of that money shot.
And if anybody is going to get the gift of horseshit during the holidays, it’s almost certainly going to be a Bond villain.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.