- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
- Twitter is testing a feature that would hide offensive DMs you receive Friday 4:19 PM
- How to stream Arsenal vs. Burnley Friday 4:15 PM
- The original ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’ is now streaming on Netflix Friday 3:33 PM
- 2 anime series are translating the controversial phrase ‘lolicon’ to ‘pedophile’ Friday 3:25 PM
- This Four Loko hard seltzer is basically a meme in a can Friday 2:40 PM
- Pete Buttigieg says he’s not in favor of the DH in baseball Friday 2:40 PM
- Amazon’s plan to have warehouse workers defend it backfired beautifully (updated) Friday 2:06 PM
- Senator: Zuckerberg’s testimony ‘incomplete’ after Messenger transcription report Friday 1:18 PM
- The 8 best podcast apps you need to download for 2019 Friday 1:04 PM
- Scaramucci: Twitter gave me a temporary suspension for calling Trump fat Friday 12:54 PM
- Hosts of ‘Crime Junkie’ podcast accused of plagiarism, deleting episodes Friday 12:47 PM
Twitter roasts Steve Harvey alive for Miss Universe fail
These are some third-degree burns.
Yesterday, Steve Harvey made award show history when he called the wrong name as winner of the Miss Universe Pageant. Steve Harvey mistakenly called out Miss Philippines, Pia Wurtzbach, as second runner-up, subsequently announcing Miss Colombia, Ariadna Gutierrez, as the winner.
Experiencing the pinnacle of her career, a crowned Gutierrez was blowing kisses to the crowd when Harvey interrupted saying, “There’s… I have to apologize.” In the most awkward moment in live television history (and that includes this other Steve Harvey moment on Family Feud), Gutierrez was uncrowned and Wurtzbach was awarded the now-sullied title.
Harvey was rightfully embarrassed of his gaffe, holding up the title card saying, “I will take responsibility for this, it was my mistake.”
Of course, the Internet pounced on the author of Think Like A Man, Act Like A Lady, and the #MissUniverse2015 jokes came pouring in.
Damn. Harvey’s never coming back from this.
Photo via Tyler Bishop/YouTube
Ziwe Fumudoh is a writer and comedian. Her work has appeared in the Onion and Reductress, and she is a co-host at Crooked Media.