- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
A malfunctioning ski lift in the nation of Georgia has left 10 people injured, including a pregnant woman from Sweden and a Ukrainian man who broke his hand.
The video of the incident, posted to Instagram by snowboarder Alena Pakhomova, shows the lift running backwards at high speed. One skier can be seen trapped under the lift seats as they crash into each other, and multiple people are shown being flung through the air.
A video shot from another angle shows panicked skiers dropping equipment and jumping off the lift before it reaches the bottom.
The incident occurred early today at the Gudauri resort, located in the Greater Caucasus Mountain Range.
Georgia’s Ministry of Internal Affairs says that rescue workers arrived quickly and some victims were removed by helicopter.
Although multiple people were injured, Georgian health minister David Sergeenko said only two cases seemed serious. “Only two cases need to be monitored.” he said in a statement, “One of the injured, a Ukrainian citizen, broke his hand during the incident, and has a small head injury, while a Swedish citizen is pregnant and feels pain in her waist.”
“Our employees are already on their way to Gudauri,” said the spokesperson. “At the moment we have no detailed information.”
H/T The Telegraph
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.