- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell 12 Months Ago
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries 12 Months Ago
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Today 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Today 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Today 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying woman can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Today 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Today 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
‘That ain’t no problem!’
By now, most people “in the know” can agree that Shannon Sharpe, co-host of the Fox Sports 1 show Skip and Shannon: Undisputed, is basically a national treasure—nay, undisputed national treasure. This is mostly due to his hilarious on-air quips like this one from just last week, when he goofed on Tom Brady over paparazzi shots of the Patriot quarterback’s so-called dad bod during a recent vacation to Costa Rica with his wife Giselle.
Naturally, Sharpe’s candor lends itself extremely well to memedom. Last year, the former Denver Bronco player went viral for popping a black and mild cigar in his mouth right in the middle of the show to celebrate his team’s win. “I be on these milds and hen dog,” he told his bemused co-hosts, referring to Hennessy cognac.
Now, Sharpe has unsurprisingly found himself in the cross-hairs of the internet once again. While recently arguing about the Lakers roster on Undisputed, the host’s voice raised a few octaves as he repeated “that ain’t no problem” a few times.
Take a look below:
Twitter users were quick to appropriate the clip as a way of demonstrating how overly confident someone might be in a certain situation, or as a way of conveying “no big deal.”
*puppy starts jumping on me*— rap is stupid (@ottergawd) July 20, 2018
owner: im sorry. he just gets so excited to meet new people.
Professor: “Unfortunately class is canceled today due to illness. We have to postpone to the test to the following week”— Hatim Mansori (@HatimTheDream) July 19, 2018
critic: mamma mia 2 is just more abba covers— maggie saw mm2!! (@donnasheridcn) July 21, 2018
Popeyes: Its gonna be a 10 minute wait for spicy— Mani Fresh (@QueenCey_) July 17, 2018
*see’s the Shannon Sharpe “that ain’t no problem” meme on my TL for the 8,765,397th time*— peej (@QueenCityNole) July 21, 2018
And then there were the pop culture takes:
Fiona: When I was a child, a witch put a spell on me that turns me into an ogre— jimmy (@yeezus_jd) July 23, 2018
Pam: “But I’m engaged”— Andrew Claudio (@Claudio_GSN) July 20, 2018
And if anyone was wondering how Sharpe himself feels about being turned into a meme once again, let’s just say he seems to think it “ain’t no problem.”
Y’all at it again😂😂😂😂 https://t.co/QhF5Bl0Foq— shannon sharpe (@ShannonSharpe) July 23, 2018
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.