- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller 2 Years Ago
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Today 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
By now, most people “in the know” can agree that Shannon Sharpe, co-host of the Fox Sports 1 show Skip and Shannon: Undisputed, is basically a national treasure—nay, undisputed national treasure. This is mostly due to his hilarious on-air quips like this one from just last week, when he goofed on Tom Brady over paparazzi shots of the Patriot quarterback’s so-called dad bod during a recent vacation to Costa Rica with his wife Giselle.
Naturally, Sharpe’s candor lends itself extremely well to memedom. Last year, the former Denver Bronco player went viral for popping a black and mild cigar in his mouth right in the middle of the show to celebrate his team’s win. “I be on these milds and hen dog,” he told his bemused co-hosts, referring to Hennessy cognac.
Now, Sharpe has unsurprisingly found himself in the cross-hairs of the internet once again. While recently arguing about the Lakers roster on Undisputed, the host’s voice raised a few octaves as he repeated “that ain’t no problem” a few times.
Take a look below:
Twitter users were quick to appropriate the clip as a way of demonstrating how overly confident someone might be in a certain situation, or as a way of conveying “no big deal.”
*puppy starts jumping on me*— rap is stupid (@ottergawd) July 20, 2018
owner: im sorry. he just gets so excited to meet new people.
Professor: “Unfortunately class is canceled today due to illness. We have to postpone to the test to the following week”— Hatim Mansori (@HatimTheDream) July 19, 2018
critic: mamma mia 2 is just more abba covers— maggie saw mm2!! (@donnasheridcn) July 21, 2018
Popeyes: Its gonna be a 10 minute wait for spicy— Mani Fresh (@QueenCey_) July 17, 2018
*see’s the Shannon Sharpe “that ain’t no problem” meme on my TL for the 8,765,397th time*— peej (@QueenCityNole) July 21, 2018
And then there were the pop culture takes:
Fiona: When I was a child, a witch put a spell on me that turns me into an ogre— jimmy (@yeezus_jd) July 23, 2018
Pam: “But I’m engaged”— Andrew Claudio (@Claudio_GSN) July 20, 2018
And if anyone was wondering how Sharpe himself feels about being turned into a meme once again, let’s just say he seems to think it “ain’t no problem.”
Y’all at it again😂😂😂😂 https://t.co/QhF5Bl0Foq— shannon sharpe (@ShannonSharpe) July 23, 2018
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.