- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Tuesday 11:29 AM
Seattle Craigslister asks woman who crapped in his car for date No. 2
Somewhere down in the depths of hell, first dates end with your date getting out of your car after she’s taken a big stinky dump in your shotgun seat.
In Hollywood, a first date generally ends with a kiss. In reality, it’s usually more of an awkward hug. And somewhere down in the depths of hell, first dates end with your date getting out of your car after she’s taken a big stinky dump in your shotgun seat.
That’s at least the story being purported out of Seattle, Wash., where a Craigslister named Tad jumped online Wednesday afternoon to issue a “lo siento” “to the woman who crapped her pants in my car.”
The two had gone on a first date a few nights before—to Seattle’s Six Rivers Brewery, where they enjoyed chili beer and a basket of hot wings—and Tad reported that he’d “felt like there was a connection there.”
“I found you to be intelligent and witty and looked forward to conversation with you.”
Unfortunately, the doody went down.
“At some point in life, everyone has gambled on a fart and lost,” he writes. “It just happened to be on a first date in the passenger seat of my car. Please don’t feel bad. The package I sent you with Pepto the next day and the note that said ‘First dates are always a crap shoot. Call me’ was meant to be funny, not offensive.”
Tad, who adds that he’s “gambled on a fart and lost on multiple occasions,” considers himself the last person to judge another over the fact that they just pooped their pants, but admitted that the timing could have been a bit better—”like when you’re not sitting on a heated leather seat.”
He hopes to go out with this girl again should she be so inclined, even going so far as to offer to “take [her] someplace where we can get a meal that is high in fiber and less taxing on the digestive tract.”
Of course, this whole story is likely fake. It’s Craigslist. People love creating fake Craigslist posts in the hopes that they’ll capture the imagination of the Internet for one magical day. But it’s also funny. And on the Internet, funny wins out over truthful.
We’ve reached out to Tad and will report back should our correspondence go through. If all goes well, we’ll have a full rundown of the date’s conclusion by mid-afternoon. (UPDATE: An anonymous poop expert noticed that the text has been around since at least 2009.)
Full post below:
Photo via Farting/Facebook
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.