- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
Moon… Crystal… Patty?
According to Kotaku, a Sailor Moon-themed cafe is opening in Tokyo’s Roppongi district on April 16. The restaurant will be serving up menu items based off on the popular anime, including the “Sailor Moon Special Burger.” Swapped in for your normal bun is some pink bread decorated to look like Usagi’s Crystal Star, the magical item that transforms her into the one and only Sailor Moon.
The burger looks out of this world—but not too appetizing.
There’s something about a pink bun that doesn’t go well with red meat. It either gives a false sense of raw beef—or the taste of something bubble gum-flavored. Either way, a little eww.
Abnormally-colored food doesn’t tend to go over well, at least here in the United States. Burger King’s Halloween Whopper, which featured a black bun, turned people’s poop green. Only time will tell if the Sailor Moon burger will result in any unwanted… results.
Luckily, the Sailor Moon-themed establishment will be serving up other food, such as plate of noodles with the suave Tuxedo Mask’s mask sitting on top. Still, we should leave the Sailor Scouts out of the kitchen next time and let them get back to fighting evil instead of hunger.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.