- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk 4 Years Ago
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Today 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Today 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Today 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Today 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Today 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Today 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Today 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Today 11:43 AM
- Tfue releases statement on FaZe Clan lawsuit, says his contract is ‘f*cked’ Today 11:34 AM
- People are using an app to out gropers on Japan’s subway Today 11:24 AM
- Trump misspelled ‘accomplishments’ on handwritten notes, photo shows Today 11:12 AM
- HUD proposal would allow homeless shelters to refuse trans people Today 10:44 AM
- Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ remake isn’t terrible Today 10:11 AM
- Police under investigation after running over 1-year-old child Today 9:16 AM
Russian woman unleashes hellish scream-cheer during sporting event
You are not prepared.
It’s fitting that this horrifying video of a Russian sports fan is going viral in Japan. They have monsters in Japan. Godzilla. Gamera. That creepy kid from The Grudge. The creepy kid from The Grudge riding a Godzilla/Gamera love-child would still be nowhere near as terrifying as the sounds that emerge from this woman’s mouth when she tries to “cheer” for her local team in a handball competition.
Actually, we’re not sure she’s cheering at all. If a team’s performance warrants a noise like this from the audience, they’re probably not in it to win it. In it to summon massive hellbeasts from the bowels of the earth, maybe. In it to gather tithes for Cthulhu, sure. But beating someone in a friendly game of handball? This is leagues beyond that.
We hope this woman’s team won—or rather, we hope we never have to hear the sound she makes when they lose.
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.