- Distressing TikTok shows woman being sexually harassed Wednesday 7:49 PM
- Dele Alli charged with misconduct for video mocking Asian man over the coronavirus Wednesday 7:18 PM
- Teen says she is suicidal after bullying video goes viral Wednesday 6:01 PM
- Trump supporters claim Reddit is staging a coup against The_Donald Wednesday 5:58 PM
- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea Wednesday 5:27 PM
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump Wednesday 5:25 PM
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Wednesday 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Wednesday 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Wednesday 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Wednesday 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Wednesday 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Wednesday 12:32 PM
- YouPorn launches adult-themed TikTok knock-off (updated) Wednesday 12:29 PM
Russian woman unleashes hellish scream-cheer during sporting event
You are not prepared.
It’s fitting that this horrifying video of a Russian sports fan is going viral in Japan. They have monsters in Japan. Godzilla. Gamera. That creepy kid from The Grudge. The creepy kid from The Grudge riding a Godzilla/Gamera love-child would still be nowhere near as terrifying as the sounds that emerge from this woman’s mouth when she tries to “cheer” for her local team in a handball competition.
Actually, we’re not sure she’s cheering at all. If a team’s performance warrants a noise like this from the audience, they’re probably not in it to win it. In it to summon massive hellbeasts from the bowels of the earth, maybe. In it to gather tithes for Cthulhu, sure. But beating someone in a friendly game of handball? This is leagues beyond that.
We hope this woman’s team won—or rather, we hope we never have to hear the sound she makes when they lose.
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.