- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
Romney, an outspoken Trump critic prior to Trump winning the election, is under “active consideration” for the position, according to Vice President-elect Mike Pence. He had a “far-reaching conversation” with Trump earlier in the month. But that wasn’t enough to persuade Trump, and some close to him, including his spokesperson Kellyanne Conway, have publicly argued against the move.
The two sat down with Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus, who is set to become Trump’s White House chief of staff, at Jean-Georges, a three-Michelin-star restaurant located in Trump International Hotel and Tower New York.
The details of their conversation haven’t been disclosed, but for much of the internet, we don’t need to. Romney’s forced smile appears to say it all.
Maybe the photographer just caught Romney at a bad time.
After the meal, as Trump was entering his motorcade, Romney stopped to talk with reporters. He praised Trump for doing something he never did: win the general election.
“By the way, it’s not easy winning,” he said. “I know that myself. He did something I tried to do and was unsuccessful in.”
Romney also said he has “increasing hope that President-elect Trump is the very man who can lead us.”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.