- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
The look on Mitt Romney’s face during dinner with Trump says it all
‘Two Republicans and a demagogue walk into a room, diametrically opposed, foes.’
Romney, an outspoken Trump critic prior to Trump winning the election, is under “active consideration” for the position, according to Vice President-elect Mike Pence. He had a “far-reaching conversation” with Trump earlier in the month. But that wasn’t enough to persuade Trump, and some close to him, including his spokesperson Kellyanne Conway, have publicly argued against the move.
The two sat down with Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus, who is set to become Trump’s White House chief of staff, at Jean-Georges, a three-Michelin-star restaurant located in Trump International Hotel and Tower New York.
The details of their conversation haven’t been disclosed, but for much of the internet, we don’t need to. Romney’s forced smile appears to say it all.
Maybe the photographer just caught Romney at a bad time.
After the meal, as Trump was entering his motorcade, Romney stopped to talk with reporters. He praised Trump for doing something he never did: win the general election.
“By the way, it’s not easy winning,” he said. “I know that myself. He did something I tried to do and was unsuccessful in.”
Romney also said he has “increasing hope that President-elect Trump is the very man who can lead us.”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.