- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
- The Disney-Fox deal is finalized Today 12:08 PM
- Beto likes to stand on counters—and there are memes to prove it Today 10:47 AM
- House promises April vote on bill to restore net neutrality rules Today 9:58 AM
- Here’s how many YouTube subscribers Shane Dawson lost for his old bestiality joke Today 9:26 AM
- Drag queen spreads joy to toddler, world with ‘Baby Shark’ performance Today 9:21 AM
- How many ‘chuggas’ should come before choo choo? Today 9:10 AM
The look on Mitt Romney’s face during dinner with Trump says it all
‘Two Republicans and a demagogue walk into a room, diametrically opposed, foes.’
Romney, an outspoken Trump critic prior to Trump winning the election, is under “active consideration” for the position, according to Vice President-elect Mike Pence. He had a “far-reaching conversation” with Trump earlier in the month. But that wasn’t enough to persuade Trump, and some close to him, including his spokesperson Kellyanne Conway, have publicly argued against the move.
The two sat down with Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus, who is set to become Trump’s White House chief of staff, at Jean-Georges, a three-Michelin-star restaurant located in Trump International Hotel and Tower New York.
The details of their conversation haven’t been disclosed, but for much of the internet, we don’t need to. Romney’s forced smile appears to say it all.
Maybe the photographer just caught Romney at a bad time.
After the meal, as Trump was entering his motorcade, Romney stopped to talk with reporters. He praised Trump for doing something he never did: win the general election.
“By the way, it’s not easy winning,” he said. “I know that myself. He did something I tried to do and was unsuccessful in.”
Romney also said he has “increasing hope that President-elect Trump is the very man who can lead us.”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.