- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
Do these Reese’s peanut butter Christmas trees look like poop or what?
Tis the season to be blobby.
Every year heading into the Yuletide season, the holiday purists emerge from their long slumber to complain about the multitude of aesthetic imperfections the season brings with it. You know, like neighbors with too many lights in their yard, obnoxious carolers, and Christmas-tree-shaped candy that doesn’t look sufficiently tree-like.
Reese’s has declared succinctly that public outrage over their seasonal Peanut Butter Tree is “not the perfect experience they’re going for,” leaving us to wonder what the perfect experience of a mass-produced blob of chocolate should be.
Here’s the official photo of the candy, which doesn’t exactly inspire us to gather around and sing “Welcome Christmas.”
But as nebulous as the official “peanut butter tree” concept seems to be, the reality is apparently far worse—at least according to these complainers:
Then there are the brave souls who are actually coming out and saying that these peanut butter trees look like turds:
It’s true; they clearly look like turds. Then again, so does most chocolate you find in your stocking or your Halloween bucket or any other receptacle of cheap commercial holiday chocolate. Sure, the world is currently going to hell, but feel free to complain that your first-world candy isn’t shaped right.
Fortunately, the candy backlash has provoked its own backlash.
Seriously, folks. Leave us the inferior blobs of creamy peanut butter goodness. If it’s Reese’s-inspired seasonal decor you’re after, you have plenty of other things to choose from:
Yummmmm. I could really go for some poo-shaped chocolate right now, couldn’t you?
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.