- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak 3 Months Ago
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Today 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Today 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Today 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Today 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Today 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Today 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Today 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Today 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Today 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Today 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Today 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Today 10:44 AM
- Despite changes, the YouTube 2019 Rewind video is still massively disliked Today 10:11 AM
- ‘Home for Christmas’ brings a needed sharp edge to Christmas rom-com season Today 10:07 AM
A few Post Malone fans just found out who Ozzy Osbourne is—and the internet is not having it.
Malone, who just released his third studio album Hollywood’s Bleeding, collaborated with many big names for the album, including Travis Scott, SZA, Meek Mill, and the legendary “Prince of Darkness,” Ozzy Osbourne.
But after the album’s release, it became apparent that some of Malone’s younger fans had no idea who Ozzy Osbourne was, and instead, credited Malone for bringing attention to the “unknown” rock pioneer.
Ozzy Osbourne did so good for his first song! So cool of Post Malone to put him on like that!— d (@FootePajamas) September 8, 2019
who tf is ozzy osbourne ???!??! this is why I love post malone for shining light on unknown artists— Edd (@Edxxard) September 6, 2019
Post Malone’s album is so good. Idk who this Ozzy Osbourne guy is but Post just put bro on 💯🥇 He’s bout to blow up hella fast, I see his name everywhere !!!— Keshawn👑° (@KESHAWNtheKING_) September 8, 2019
But as many angry users on Twitter pointed out, Osbourne has sold over 100 million albums from his solo work and his days in the iconic heavy metal band Black Sabbath. He is known as being a godfather of heavy metal, and is certainly not “unknown.”
“I don’t want to live in a world where people think Post Malone is the reason Ozzy Osborne is famous,” said @Hill2Stephi
I don't want to live in a world where people think Post Malone is the reason Ozzy Osborne is famous.— Gold E Roxx (@Hill2Stephi) September 8, 2019
“People really think Post malone made Ozzy Osbourne famous. This generation is hopeless” user @MisterRudeman tweeted.
People really think Post malone made Ozzy Osbourne famous. This generation is hopeless— Mozart stan account (@MisterRudeman) September 8, 2019
“Ozzy Osbourne didn’t bite the head off of a bat, snort ants, and piss on the Alamo for you to think Post Malone put him on the map,” said @Jschackattack.
Ozzy Osbourne didn’t bite the head off of a bat, snort ants, and piss on the Alamo for you to think Post Malone put him on the map— Justin Schack (@Jschackattack) September 8, 2019
“Post Malone really did a song with the Godfather of Heavy Metal Ozzy Osbourne y’all better put some respect on his mo’fukkn name,” said @okemzuruoke.
Post Malone really did a song with the Godfather of Heavy Metal Ozzy Osbourne y’all better put some respect on his mo’fukkn name.— Ada Nwoke (@okemzuruoke) September 8, 2019
I can’t believe that there’s a whole generation out there who didn’t get to see Meet the Osbournes on MTV and Ozzy Osbourne going “Sharon!” And mumbling something. People think Post Malone gave Ozzy a platform. I’m officially old— Leslie De Lazaro (@lesmo91) September 8, 2019
There were others who were surprised the two even collaborated at all.
“That new post Malone song with Travis Scott and mother fucking Ozzy Osbourne is the best song I’ve heard all year hands down,” said @Gilbroman.
That new post Malone song with Travis Scott and mother fucking Ozzy Osbourne is the best song I’ve heard all year hands down— Roman (@Gilbroman) September 6, 2019
“Music is wild,” said singer Corbyn, who is part of the boyband Why Don’t We.
post malone, ozzy osbourne, and travis scott, all on one song.— Corbyn • WHY DON’T WE (@corbynbesson) September 6, 2019
music is wild
However, Malone fans shouldn’t be surprised that he would invite the heavy rocker for a collaboration. Malone has always been a fan of rock and metal music and received acclaimed for his 2018 VMA performance with Aerosmith, and his 2019 performance with the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the 2019 Grammys.
And per the rapper, Osbourne was ecstatic to collaborate with him. Apparently the rock star said that their song was his “favorite” appearance since he was in Sabbath.
“I think he crushed it,” Malone said on Beats 1’s Zane Lowe. “[Osbourne] was talking to [Andrew] Watt, and Watt was telling me, yo, ‘This is my favorite [thing] I’ve done since, you know, Sabbath. Since I started my own way.'”
So far, Malone’s album has received positive reviews. Maybe Black Sabbath can get back together and go on tour with Post Malone.
Now that would really break the internet.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.