- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
A few Post Malone fans just found out who Ozzy Osbourne is—and the internet is not having it.
Malone, who just released his third studio album Hollywood’s Bleeding, collaborated with many big names for the album, including Travis Scott, SZA, Meek Mill, and the legendary “Prince of Darkness,” Ozzy Osbourne.
But after the album’s release, it became apparent that some of Malone’s younger fans had no idea who Ozzy Osbourne was, and instead, credited Malone for bringing attention to the “unknown” rock pioneer.
Ozzy Osbourne did so good for his first song! So cool of Post Malone to put him on like that!— d (@FootePajamas) September 8, 2019
who tf is ozzy osbourne ???!??! this is why I love post malone for shining light on unknown artists— Edd (@Edxxard) September 6, 2019
Post Malone’s album is so good. Idk who this Ozzy Osbourne guy is but Post just put bro on 💯🥇 He’s bout to blow up hella fast, I see his name everywhere !!!— Keshawn👑° (@KESHAWNtheKING_) September 8, 2019
But as many angry users on Twitter pointed out, Osbourne has sold over 100 million albums from his solo work and his days in the iconic heavy metal band Black Sabbath. He is known as being a godfather of heavy metal, and is certainly not “unknown.”
“I don’t want to live in a world where people think Post Malone is the reason Ozzy Osborne is famous,” said @Hill2Stephi
I don't want to live in a world where people think Post Malone is the reason Ozzy Osborne is famous.— Gold E Roxx (@Hill2Stephi) September 8, 2019
“People really think Post malone made Ozzy Osbourne famous. This generation is hopeless” user @MisterRudeman tweeted.
People really think Post malone made Ozzy Osbourne famous. This generation is hopeless— Mozart stan account (@MisterRudeman) September 8, 2019
“Ozzy Osbourne didn’t bite the head off of a bat, snort ants, and piss on the Alamo for you to think Post Malone put him on the map,” said @Jschackattack.
Ozzy Osbourne didn’t bite the head off of a bat, snort ants, and piss on the Alamo for you to think Post Malone put him on the map— Justin Schack (@Jschackattack) September 8, 2019
“Post Malone really did a song with the Godfather of Heavy Metal Ozzy Osbourne y’all better put some respect on his mo’fukkn name,” said @okemzuruoke.
Post Malone really did a song with the Godfather of Heavy Metal Ozzy Osbourne y’all better put some respect on his mo’fukkn name.— Ada Nwoke (@okemzuruoke) September 8, 2019
I can’t believe that there’s a whole generation out there who didn’t get to see Meet the Osbournes on MTV and Ozzy Osbourne going “Sharon!” And mumbling something. People think Post Malone gave Ozzy a platform. I’m officially old— Leslie De Lazaro (@lesmo91) September 8, 2019
There were others who were surprised the two even collaborated at all.
“That new post Malone song with Travis Scott and mother fucking Ozzy Osbourne is the best song I’ve heard all year hands down,” said @Gilbroman.
That new post Malone song with Travis Scott and mother fucking Ozzy Osbourne is the best song I’ve heard all year hands down— Roman (@Gilbroman) September 6, 2019
“Music is wild,” said singer Corbyn, who is part of the boyband Why Don’t We.
post malone, ozzy osbourne, and travis scott, all on one song.— Corbyn • WHY DON’T WE (@corbynbesson) September 6, 2019
music is wild
However, Malone fans shouldn’t be surprised that he would invite the heavy rocker for a collaboration. Malone has always been a fan of rock and metal music and received acclaimed for his 2018 VMA performance with Aerosmith, and his 2019 performance with the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the 2019 Grammys.
And per the rapper, Osbourne was ecstatic to collaborate with him. Apparently the rock star said that their song was his “favorite” appearance since he was in Sabbath.
“I think he crushed it,” Malone said on Beats 1’s Zane Lowe. “[Osbourne] was talking to [Andrew] Watt, and Watt was telling me, yo, ‘This is my favorite [thing] I’ve done since, you know, Sabbath. Since I started my own way.'”
So far, Malone’s album has received positive reviews. Maybe Black Sabbath can get back together and go on tour with Post Malone.
Now that would really break the internet.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.