- America’s favorite furry friend? This running javelina 3 Months Ago
- Review: Pete Davidson crashes and burns in Netflix stand-up special ‘Alive From New York’ Today 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘I Am Not Okay With This’ is a thrill-chasing slow burn that combines the platform’s greatest hits Today 7:00 AM
- Review: ‘The Last Thing He Wanted’ is ambitious but disconnected Today 6:00 AM
- Tom Steyer calls for reparations Tuesday 9:05 PM
- Etika mural added as official PokéStop in Pokémon Go Tuesday 8:35 PM
- Debate devolves into candidates shouting ‘math’ at each other Tuesday 8:19 PM
- Bloomberg rolls his eyes when challenged over sexist comments Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Bloomberg almost accidentally claims he ‘bought’ Congress Tuesday 8:03 PM
- ‘Dick Pound’ and ‘Bisexual Men Exist’ trend together–Twitter goes wild Tuesday 7:54 PM
- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
A Twitter user has the whole internet smiling with her hilarious “pleading face” emoji makeup tutorial.
In the approximately one minute video, Twitter user @nyahanto transforms herself from a normal human to her best version of the yellow-faced, “pleading” emoji–and the end results are gold.
“turning myself into the [pleading face] emoji,” she tweeted, along with the approximately one minute video.
The emoji consists of large, “sad” eyes and a frown:
Since nyahanto posted the video, it has exploded online with over 1 million views and tens of thousands of retweets and likes.
turning myself into the 🥺 emoji pic.twitter.com/bUCUiOVhUD— kissy (@nyahanto) November 14, 2019
“Oh my God, I look like a minion,” she exclaims upon first seeing her face completely covered in yellow makeup–while also wearing a yellow beanie to match.
But by the end of the video, she is more than pleased with her artwork.
“That was it!” she excitedly says toward the end of the video, after taking a glimpse of the finished look. “I think I’m finished!”
The internet was apparently just as excited by her emoji makeup tutorial as she was and is especially entertained by the last shot of the final result.
“This video brought me [more] joy than anything or anyone in the last week,” Twitter user @itsanyssa wrote.
prom makeup?— ᜉᜉ (@jehhwee) November 14, 2019
This video brought me joy than anything or anyone in the last week— ya daddy (@__itsanyssa) November 14, 2019
Some are even pleading with nyahanto to create more emoji-inspired makeup videos.
“This is the cutest shit ever, please do another one so I like in pure bliss again,” Twitter user @Kaonchaos requested.
this the cutest shit ever, please do another one so i live in pure bliss again— 𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔞𝔩 𝔟𝔯𝔞𝔱 (@KAONCHOAS) November 14, 2019
For now, there is at least one other emoji makeup look nyahanto has shared: the clown emoji. She also “plugged” her YouTube channel in the replies under the tweet–most users plug something they want others to see, like their artwork, SoundCloud links, or social media handles when they go viral. In one of her YouTube videos, she also turned herself into Peppa Pig.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.