- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA 3 Weeks Ago
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year 3 Weeks Ago
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint Tuesday 4:14 PM
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark Tuesday 3:55 PM
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Tuesday 3:16 PM
A Twitter user has the whole internet smiling with her hilarious “pleading face” emoji makeup tutorial.
In the approximately one minute video, Twitter user @nyahanto transforms herself from a normal human to her best version of the yellow-faced, “pleading” emoji–and the end results are gold.
“turning myself into the [pleading face] emoji,” she tweeted, along with the approximately one minute video.
The emoji consists of large, “sad” eyes and a frown:
Since nyahanto posted the video, it has exploded online with over 1 million views and tens of thousands of retweets and likes.
turning myself into the 🥺 emoji pic.twitter.com/bUCUiOVhUD— kissy (@nyahanto) November 14, 2019
“Oh my God, I look like a minion,” she exclaims upon first seeing her face completely covered in yellow makeup–while also wearing a yellow beanie to match.
But by the end of the video, she is more than pleased with her artwork.
“That was it!” she excitedly says toward the end of the video, after taking a glimpse of the finished look. “I think I’m finished!”
The internet was apparently just as excited by her emoji makeup tutorial as she was and is especially entertained by the last shot of the final result.
“This video brought me [more] joy than anything or anyone in the last week,” Twitter user @itsanyssa wrote.
prom makeup?— ᜉᜉ (@jehhwee) November 14, 2019
This video brought me joy than anything or anyone in the last week— 𝙉𝙮𝙨𝙨𝙖 🤍 (@__itsanyssa) November 14, 2019
Some are even pleading with nyahanto to create more emoji-inspired makeup videos.
“This is the cutest shit ever, please do another one so I like in pure bliss again,” Twitter user @Kaonchaos requested.
this the cutest shit ever, please do another one so i live in pure bliss again— 𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔞𝔩 𝔟𝔯𝔞𝔱 (@KAONCHOAS) November 14, 2019
For now, there is at least one other emoji makeup look nyahanto has shared: the clown emoji. She also “plugged” her YouTube channel in the replies under the tweet–most users plug something they want others to see, like their artwork, SoundCloud links, or social media handles when they go viral. In one of her YouTube videos, she also turned herself into Peppa Pig.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.