- California aims to strengthen data breach notification law Thursday 5:37 PM
- Feds say college student operated drug business through gaming app Thursday 4:36 PM
- Trump is again using old videos to claim his border wall is ‘under construction Thursday 4:05 PM
- Laura Loomer led a second protest at Twitter yesterday Thursday 3:37 PM
- The eyes have it in these ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ memes Thursday 2:13 PM
- Facebook let advertisers target users interested in infamous Nazis Thursday 1:58 PM
- Dem senator promises to put net neutrality on the ‘political hot seat’ in coming months Thursday 1:28 PM
- Someone figured out that Toothless from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ looks just like Bulbasaur Thursday 12:44 PM
- Disturbing Snapchat video shows 17-year-old throwing dog on trampoline Thursday 12:16 PM
- How to watch the new Bon Appetit channel for free Thursday 12:03 PM
- Eminem disses Netflix for canceling ‘The Punisher’ Thursday 11:50 AM
- Florida prisons sued for depriving inmates of music they paid for Thursday 11:36 AM
- Chris Hemsworth will become Hulk Hogan for Netflix biopic Thursday 11:29 AM
- Fortnite just introduced a K-Pop skin, and here’s how to unlock it Thursday 11:06 AM
- The YouTuber who exposed the site’s ‘softcore pedophile ring’ is under attack Thursday 10:39 AM
Life’s too short for a boring pool float.
Ever feel like pool floats are just too cheery? Do you want to slap grinning flamingos and juicy, colorful fruit in their stupid float faces when you go swimming?
Don’t worry. You’ll never have to choose one of those pool toys again. The pink coffin float is here, and it’s the perfect summer accessory for the nihilist in everyone. It’s exactly what it sounds like, too: a bright pink coffin float meant to whisk you away into the pastel world of creepy cute.
Had the idea to start this project almost three years ago, with my guy @ian__felton. I found someone who could make me a sample recently and pulled the trigger. Super hilarious project. Truth be told thou, we about $15,000 short from being able to sell this to ya’ll. Let us know if you think a kickstarter would be a cool idea or if you have a rich daddy who wanna invest. We taking suggestion no doubt forsure.
A post shared by Andrew Greenbaum (@andrew_greenbum) on
It might seem like some super deep art project or a reflection on the ephemerality of life, but nope. It’s just a fun thing someone made, actually. The brainchild of Canadian designer Andrew Greenbaum, the macabre coffin float began life “three years ago,” according to Greenbaum’s Instagram post, with his pal @ian__felton. “I found someone who could make me a sample recently and pulled the trigger,” he wrote in the post. “Super hilarious project.”
It is absolutely side-splitting, and also a little unwieldy. Are you supposed to get in the coffin, float around in it, and then pull the lid over you when you’re feeling ready? Who knows? What we do know for sure is that it’s definitely a big summer mood for those of us who just aren’t feeling life these days.
Big summer mood pic.twitter.com/0RFMWaj840
— ladies pond fan account (@internetmartha) July 4, 2018
Twitter is loving the pool float, obviously.
Someone please stop me buying a coffin pool float when I have neither a pool or a holiday with a pool coming up.
— mol (@molticia_addams) July 5, 2018
Omg I just saw a float coffin earlier, like for swimming shsgshs
— takasugi’s panty shot (@nisesugi) July 5, 2018
To be buried in a floating coffin that says you're dead, but you're also up for a summer party, wherever you may go. https://t.co/81U4WlY5Gd
— The Blunt Bodkin (@BluntB0dkin) July 5, 2018
when it’s summer but you have depression pic.twitter.com/bmQUGqUBa4
— graveyard smash or pass? (@kxthleen) July 4, 2018
Need. Not cause of the depression part, just want a coffin pool float ⚰️ https://t.co/9gVAMUFc52
— Ashley Gustin (@AshleyyAnn2) July 5, 2018
Everyone can’t help but talk about how much they want one.
A COFFIN POOL FLOAT???? AND IT'S PINK??????? This is not a want but a need. https://t.co/sm6UXfhz2a
— Marissa Angel (@mahrissah_) July 4, 2018
I have never seen something I want more. A pink coffin pool float…. this is my whole being in an object https://t.co/8ett1uIrew
— SHAY BAY BAY (@shaaaychristine) July 4, 2018
The only criminal thing about this entire business, in fact, is that it’s not available for purchase at this time. But accordion to Greenbaum, that could change. He’s gauging interest via Instagram for a potential Kickstarter or “rich daddy” who might want to invest in the project.
Who knows? Maybe in a year or so, you could be floating down a lazy river in your own hot pink coffin pool float.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.