- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take 3 Years Ago
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Today 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Today 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Today 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Today 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Today 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
He doesn’t know what he’s gotten himself into.
Some photos are just born to be memes. They cry out for it, like a newly orphaned child, abandoned at 3am atop a running dryer in a 24-hour laundromat. Chill bear relaxing at the zoo? Meme dat shit! Mark Zuckerberg‘s weird looking dog? Meme dat shit! Angry woman riding Splash Mountain alone? Meme dat shit!
Terrified toddler stuck in a pool raft?
You gotta meme dat shit.
Like a pack of hyenas who can smell a wounded zebra across hundreds of miles of empty savanna, image manipulators were drawn from across the internet to mock this poor child, who probably thought he was going to be stuck in that thing for the rest of his life. While he’s no doubt free in the real world, he’ll be trapped in the pool float forever online.
As a mushroom:
As a knight:
As a condom:
And, naturally, as a UFO. Like, soooo many UFOs:
We hope you had a fun day at the pool, kid, because your real adventure has just begun. Make sure to check out the full gallery below:
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.