- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
He doesn’t know what he’s gotten himself into.
Some photos are just born to be memes. They cry out for it, like a newly orphaned child, abandoned at 3am atop a running dryer in a 24-hour laundromat. Chill bear relaxing at the zoo? Meme dat shit! Mark Zuckerberg‘s weird looking dog? Meme dat shit! Angry woman riding Splash Mountain alone? Meme dat shit!
Terrified toddler stuck in a pool raft?
You gotta meme dat shit.
Like a pack of hyenas who can smell a wounded zebra across hundreds of miles of empty savanna, image manipulators were drawn from across the internet to mock this poor child, who probably thought he was going to be stuck in that thing for the rest of his life. While he’s no doubt free in the real world, he’ll be trapped in the pool float forever online.
As a mushroom:
As a knight:
As a condom:
And, naturally, as a UFO. Like, soooo many UFOs:
We hope you had a fun day at the pool, kid, because your real adventure has just begun. Make sure to check out the full gallery below:
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.