- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Today 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Today 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Today 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
Kid stuck in pool float is destined for internet stardom
He doesn’t know what he’s gotten himself into.
Some photos are just born to be memes. They cry out for it, like a newly orphaned child, abandoned at 3am atop a running dryer in a 24-hour laundromat. Chill bear relaxing at the zoo? Meme dat shit! Mark Zuckerberg‘s weird looking dog? Meme dat shit! Angry woman riding Splash Mountain alone? Meme dat shit!
Terrified toddler stuck in a pool raft?
You gotta meme dat shit.
Like a pack of hyenas who can smell a wounded zebra across hundreds of miles of empty savanna, image manipulators were drawn from across the internet to mock this poor child, who probably thought he was going to be stuck in that thing for the rest of his life. While he’s no doubt free in the real world, he’ll be trapped in the pool float forever online.
As a mushroom:
As a knight:
As a condom:
And, naturally, as a UFO. Like, soooo many UFOs:
We hope you had a fun day at the pool, kid, because your real adventure has just begun. Make sure to check out the full gallery below:
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.