- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
“Big Mood” is a Twitter phrase that took off in January. Its meaning is literal: People are using it to express a big, or intense, feeling.
A GIF of a smirking cheerleader with the caption “Big Mood” popularized its use, but in recent weeks, Big Mood has only gotten bigger. It’s no longer just a part of internet’s lexicon—Big Mood is now a big meme.
Take a look at some of these recent Big Mood jokes:
psychologist: okay how about this [holds up another rorschach blot] what do you see in this
me: Big Mood
psychologist: [exasperatedly takes off glasses and rubs bridge of nose]
— 我喜欢打警察因为我是同性恋 (@DOGGEAUX) April 1, 2018
this is a big fuckin mood pic.twitter.com/iWXizRTtzn
— karl barx (@dogwithaknife) April 1, 2018
BIG MOOD pic.twitter.com/mfNxTPHtye
— Liz Keene C2E2 K6 (@rizgigg) March 21, 2018
Yes, even Ben Affleck and his back tattoo became a part of Big Mood.
This is the most Big Mood picture ever taken pic.twitter.com/dmapXNiTse
— ☕netw3rk (@netw3rk) March 22, 2018
nearly crashing my car as i lurch my whole body out the window screaming 'BIG MOOD' at a dead possum
— Deirdre (@figgled) March 20, 2018
Learning to relax, smiling through tears—it’s all a Big Mood.
big mood pic.twitter.com/zT4BTeTmEH
— ☕️ mike (@boy_from_school) March 21, 2018
smiling through the tears is a big mood for… approximately… eternity
— EM! (@uhhmmily) March 21, 2018
*on my death bed, surrounded by wailing loved ones*
“Big… *cough* … big mood”
— Cuck Schuldiner (@SlayerRules_420) April 3, 2018
But how do you know if something is not just a mood, but a Big Mood?
has this been done yet? pic.twitter.com/fdHfNEMaBL
— Mao Nishtana (@chvschpr) March 31, 2018
Anything can be a Big Mood if you really believe in it.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.