- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Thursday 12:18 PM
You can always count on people on the internet to lose their minds at something that isn’t all that insane.
Much like how you look better in business casual instead of in your pajamas, of course an owl is going to look inexplicably odd without its feathers.
More so, an owl can turn its head around 360 degrees. You’re darn right they’re going to have some idiosyncratic-looking skeletal and muscular systems to accommodate that.
Also, they’re birds. Birds are weird as hell.
But enough caveats. On to the demon spawn, tweeted by @DanaSchwartzzz.
People did not like that.
People did not like that at all.
Twitter users also responded in kind with pictures of all sorts of animals without fur, which, surprise, look kinda weird, but not all that weird when you think about it.
You’ve got your bears.
Opossums probably aren’t going to get invited to any parties.
Hairless raccoons need your love.
But none of those have anything on cats without fur.
That is… disquieting.
(And also a fantastic Tumblr just in case you forgot the joke.)
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]