- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak 4 Years Ago
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts 4 Years Ago
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Today 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Today 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Today 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Today 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Today 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Today 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Today 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Today 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Today 9:19 AM
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic Today 8:42 AM
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
We’ve already discussed the fact that galagos, aka bush babies, have a certain clever shyness about them, but that doesn’t mean they make good gifts in lieu of payment to prostitutes.
A former pet store owner from Eugene, Oregon, has discovered that the hard way.
Oregon police have accused Nathan McClain, the former owner of the Zany Zoo Pet Store, of stealing a galago from his own store in order to tip an escort. The woman told police that McClain also tipped her with Girl Scout money from the pet store.
Police said the thefts were reported on March 1 and March 6, and the prostitute was discovered with the galago—which is illegal to own without a license in Oregon—on March 17.
Two days later, police arrested McClain after he “was observed exiting [an] adult porn shop,” police said, where “he appeared to be under the influence of methamphetamine.”
Soon after, investigators determined that he was the prostitute’s client. He was later arrested again for soliciting a prostitute.
As for Zany Zoo Pets, this is what it posted on its Facebook page.
For now, the galago is in protective custody where it has apparently been munching on some food.
Oh, and the bush baby’s name? We swear we’re not making this up: Gooey.
H/T Death and Taxes
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.