- Upskirting will soon be illegal in England 2 Years Ago
- Jake Paul calls Keemstar a ‘piece of trash’ for ‘body-shaming’ Erika Costell 2 Years Ago
- Sprint promises to stop selling location data after outcry 2 Years Ago
- Kirsten Gillibrand announces presidential bid—and Al Franken diehards are salty 2 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Married at First Sight’ online for free Today 9:43 AM
- There are already memes for ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Today 9:00 AM
- Did Laura Loomer get duped into believing Muslims got her suspended from Twitter? Today 8:44 AM
- Here’s what we know about the Ice Sphere and Ice Storm in Fortnite Today 8:18 AM
- Who is Jigsaw, the villain of Netflix’s ‘Punisher’ season 2? Today 7:25 AM
- Hulu’s ‘Fyre Fraud’ plays along with the long con Today 7:00 AM
- People are mad about ‘Ghostbusters’ again Today 6:33 AM
- The community that made Cyntoia Brown’s clemency possible Today 6:30 AM
- What does ‘deadass’ mean, and where did it come from? Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Riverdale’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Discord allegedly used to lure teen to Florida trailer that housed sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
This meme is one thicc bih.
The sound of June 2017 is a little jam called “One Thicc Bih,” an inescapable meme that you won’t be able to stop singing once it gets inside you head. Which is messed up, because it’s all about how thicc and sexy Mr. Krabs from Spongebob Squarepants is. Oh no? Oh yes.
“One thicc bih” was created using an app called Ditty.it, which converts the text of your choice into singing. And two weeks ago, the text dolce-dandy on Tumblr chose was “Mr. Krabs is one thicc bih / let me see that krussy.”
Good lord. Quick breakdown of the message here, in case these words mean nothing to you: “thicc” describes someone with a pleasantly curvy body and a big butt, “bih” is just “bitch” without the negative connotations, and a “krussy” is…
Well, there’s a trend in gay slang—kind of played out, at this point—of referring to the anus as the “bussy,” or “boy pussy.” So Mr. Krabs’ butt is a … krussy, I guess.
But “One Thicc Bih” didn’t stop with Mr. Krabs. Not by a longshot. People want to see horror movie icon The Babadook’s “babussy”:
this physically hurt to make pic.twitter.com/xwP8ogaDNV
— alexis (@lgbthansolo) June 5, 2017
And this big tuna is one thicc bih too:
THIS TUNA IS ONE THICC BIH pic.twitter.com/p8ASlT5guf
— 카이 (@pinkjisooo) June 6, 2017
So are Wario, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Bubble Bass:
The original song is called “Good Day,” by Flash Garments and produced by J. Mac. It’s been deleted from J. Mac’s Soundcloud since being included in Ditty, but there’s still a version on YouTube:
The female lead vocals aren’t on the original track, they’re added in by ditty.it. So, J. Mac and whoever the singer is have a hit on their hands, but they might not even know it.
“One Thicc Bih” is legitimately going crazy on Twitter and Tumblr. It’s everywhere, and no one can stop singing it. It’s literally keeping people up at night.
I have watched this so many times. I had dreams about this video. I sang this in the shower. Bubble Bass is truly one thicc bih.
— kiah (@kiwidawne) June 7, 2017
4:50am and i can't stop thinking about how mr. krabs is one thicc bih
— razor (@overreact) June 7, 2017
2:47 am and i can't stop thinking about how mr. krabs is one thicc bih
— angelica (@awksangelica) June 6, 2017
i can't stop making those "___ is one thicc bih" videos omg
— b (@problemactic) June 7, 2017
“One thicc bih” has everything: a good joke, a format that’s easy to replicate using only an app, and a melody that just won’t die. I’m calling it right now: this is the meme, and the hit single, of the summer.
This song is one thicc meme, let me see that memussy.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.