- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? 2 Years Ago
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet 2 Years Ago
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) 2 Years Ago
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder 2 Years Ago
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
- The Disney-Fox deal is finalized Today 12:08 PM
- Beto likes to stand on counters—and there are memes to prove it Today 10:47 AM
- House promises April vote on bill to restore net neutrality rules Today 9:58 AM
- Here’s how many YouTube subscribers Shane Dawson lost for his old bestiality joke Today 9:26 AM
- Drag queen spreads joy to toddler, world with ‘Baby Shark’ performance Today 9:21 AM
- How many ‘chuggas’ should come before choo choo? Today 9:10 AM
- Cory Booker’s weirdly sensual relationship with coffee resurfaces Today 8:31 AM
- Everything you need to know about gaming chat client Discord Today 8:00 AM
- Report: Your Facebook feed is still ripe with fake news Today 7:42 AM
- The 10 best movies based on true stories on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
This meme is one thicc bih.
The sound of June 2017 is a little jam called “One Thicc Bih,” an inescapable meme that you won’t be able to stop singing once it gets inside you head. Which is messed up, because it’s all about how thicc and sexy Mr. Krabs from Spongebob Squarepants is. Oh no? Oh yes.
“One thicc bih” was created using an app called Ditty.it, which converts the text of your choice into singing. And two weeks ago, the text dolce-dandy on Tumblr chose was “Mr. Krabs is one thicc bih / let me see that krussy.”
Good lord. Quick breakdown of the message here, in case these words mean nothing to you: “thicc” describes someone with a pleasantly curvy body and a big butt, “bih” is just “bitch” without the negative connotations, and a “krussy” is…
Well, there’s a trend in gay slang—kind of played out, at this point—of referring to the anus as the “bussy,” or “boy pussy.” So Mr. Krabs’ butt is a … krussy, I guess.
But “One Thicc Bih” didn’t stop with Mr. Krabs. Not by a longshot. People want to see horror movie icon The Babadook’s “babussy”:
this physically hurt to make pic.twitter.com/xwP8ogaDNV
— alexis (@lgbthansolo) June 5, 2017
And this big tuna is one thicc bih too:
THIS TUNA IS ONE THICC BIH pic.twitter.com/p8ASlT5guf
— 카이 (@pinkjisooo) June 6, 2017
So are Wario, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Bubble Bass:
The original song is called “Good Day,” by Flash Garments and produced by J. Mac. It’s been deleted from J. Mac’s Soundcloud since being included in Ditty, but there’s still a version on YouTube:
The female lead vocals aren’t on the original track, they’re added in by ditty.it. So, J. Mac and whoever the singer is have a hit on their hands, but they might not even know it.
“One Thicc Bih” is legitimately going crazy on Twitter and Tumblr. It’s everywhere, and no one can stop singing it. It’s literally keeping people up at night.
I have watched this so many times. I had dreams about this video. I sang this in the shower. Bubble Bass is truly one thicc bih.
— kiah (@kiwidawne) June 7, 2017
4:50am and i can't stop thinking about how mr. krabs is one thicc bih
— razor (@overreact) June 7, 2017
2:47 am and i can't stop thinking about how mr. krabs is one thicc bih
— angelica (@awksangelica) June 6, 2017
i can't stop making those "___ is one thicc bih" videos omg
— b (@problemactic) June 7, 2017
“One thicc bih” has everything: a good joke, a format that’s easy to replicate using only an app, and a melody that just won’t die. I’m calling it right now: this is the meme, and the hit single, of the summer.
This song is one thicc meme, let me see that memussy.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.