- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
That is indeed a “German-bred warmblood horse” named Lorenzo performing to an orchestral medley arrangement that includes both “Smooth” by Santana ft. Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20 and Bon Jovi’s “It’s My Life”—said life being one of top-tier competition to the sizzling guitar licks of “Smooth” by Santana ft. Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20.
Given that the triple-Grammy-award-winning 1999 Latin fusion hit single has enjoyed a second life as a not-all-that-ironic meme of late, it will surprise you not at all that people fairly lost their shit.
If you just missed a horse dancing to smooth by Santana and rob Thomas you basically missed the entire Olympics just move on to the next one
— pepper brooks (@Utah_getme_2) August 15, 2016
BREAKING: The IOC has awarded the horse who danced to “Smooth” then Bon Jovi the gold horse medal for best horse musical opinions
— Rodger Sherman (@rodger_sherman) August 15, 2016
Watching a Horse dance to Smooth by Santana and it’s probably the best thing I’ve ever seen on a TV ever.
— Jonathan J Simmons (@jjsimmo) August 15, 2016
cant stop thinking about the smooth horse
— Becca Laurie, PI (@imbeccable) August 15, 2016
Yet, while everyone agreed that Lorenzo’s routine was a hot one—he gave us his heart, made it real—he and rider Severo Jesus Jurado Lopez placed fourth, falling just shy of a medal for Spain, Santana, Rob Thomas, and awesome horses everywhere. The Olympics are a joke.
Neither Carlos Santana nor Rob Thomas have publicly commented on this athletic atrocity, but it goes without saying that either would give their world to lift Lorenzo up, would change their life to better suit his mood.
Because he’s so smooth.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'