- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
That is indeed a “German-bred warmblood horse” named Lorenzo performing to an orchestral medley arrangement that includes both “Smooth” by Santana ft. Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20 and Bon Jovi’s “It’s My Life”—said life being one of top-tier competition to the sizzling guitar licks of “Smooth” by Santana ft. Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20.
Given that the triple-Grammy-award-winning 1999 Latin fusion hit single has enjoyed a second life as a not-all-that-ironic meme of late, it will surprise you not at all that people fairly lost their shit.
If you just missed a horse dancing to smooth by Santana and rob Thomas you basically missed the entire Olympics just move on to the next one
— pepper brooks (@Utah_getme_2) August 15, 2016
BREAKING: The IOC has awarded the horse who danced to “Smooth” then Bon Jovi the gold horse medal for best horse musical opinions
— Rodger Sherman (@rodger_sherman) August 15, 2016
Watching a Horse dance to Smooth by Santana and it’s probably the best thing I’ve ever seen on a TV ever.
— Jonathan J Simmons (@jjsimmo) August 15, 2016
cant stop thinking about the smooth horse
— Becca Laurie, PI (@imbeccable) August 15, 2016
Yet, while everyone agreed that Lorenzo’s routine was a hot one—he gave us his heart, made it real—he and rider Severo Jesus Jurado Lopez placed fourth, falling just shy of a medal for Spain, Santana, Rob Thomas, and awesome horses everywhere. The Olympics are a joke.
Neither Carlos Santana nor Rob Thomas have publicly commented on this athletic atrocity, but it goes without saying that either would give their world to lift Lorenzo up, would change their life to better suit his mood.
Because he’s so smooth.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'