- Witness the wholesome magic of inter-generational conversations on r/AskOldPeople 3 Years Ago
- How to watch Paramount Network online for free Today 5:30 AM
- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
Olympic horse dances to ‘Smooth’ by Santana ft. Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty
Somehow, this didn’t win a medal.
That is indeed a “German-bred warmblood horse” named Lorenzo performing to an orchestral medley arrangement that includes both “Smooth” by Santana ft. Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20 and Bon Jovi’s “It’s My Life”—said life being one of top-tier competition to the sizzling guitar licks of “Smooth” by Santana ft. Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20.
Given that the triple-Grammy-award-winning 1999 Latin fusion hit single has enjoyed a second life as a not-all-that-ironic meme of late, it will surprise you not at all that people fairly lost their shit.
If you just missed a horse dancing to smooth by Santana and rob Thomas you basically missed the entire Olympics just move on to the next one
— pepper brooks (@Utah_getme_2) August 15, 2016
BREAKING: The IOC has awarded the horse who danced to “Smooth” then Bon Jovi the gold horse medal for best horse musical opinions
— Rodger Sherman (@rodger_sherman) August 15, 2016
Watching a Horse dance to Smooth by Santana and it’s probably the best thing I’ve ever seen on a TV ever.
— Jonathan J Simmons (@jjsimmo) August 15, 2016
cant stop thinking about the smooth horse
— Becca Laurie, PI (@imbeccable) August 15, 2016
Yet, while everyone agreed that Lorenzo’s routine was a hot one—he gave us his heart, made it real—he and rider Severo Jesus Jurado Lopez placed fourth, falling just shy of a medal for Spain, Santana, Rob Thomas, and awesome horses everywhere. The Olympics are a joke.
Neither Carlos Santana nor Rob Thomas have publicly commented on this athletic atrocity, but it goes without saying that either would give their world to lift Lorenzo up, would change their life to better suit his mood.
Because he’s so smooth.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'