- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
Hot sauce and ghost chili peppers lead to world’s best lunch-theft revenge story
Revenge is a dish best served toxic-spicy.
This user’s wife had a problem: Unknown colleagues steal her homemade lunch every few days or so. Tired of the issue going unresolved, the redditor leapt to action, whipping up a fiery, spicy lunch of buffalo wings clearly marked with his wife’s name. But these were no ordinary wings.
“I spiced them up just a little with some Blair’s 4am Reserve,” he wrote. “I note you are meant to dilute it with one drop per five liters of liquid. So I added a couple of drops of Blair’s 4am Reserve per wing with nice dusting of ghost chili powder for good measure.”
“He ran to the toilet and vomited over and over. Apparently the moans sounded like he was dying.”
This wasn’t a meal—it was a culinary weapon. Before the witching hour of lunchtime, there was a scream from the kitchen. The lots had been cast and a young male colleague (a subordinate!) was reaping what he had sown.
“He ate fast so as not to get caught, sucked the meat of the first one and was chewing on the second before he realized,” wrote u/ToastedChillies. “He ran to the toilet and vomited over and over. Apparently the moans sounded like he was dying. My wife just sat there innocently pretending nothing was wrong. Needless to say she has not lost a single lunch since.”
The offending colleague is reportedly no longer able to look the redditor’s wife in the eye.
“He knew she set him up. I intend to ask him one day if he enjoyed my wife’s lunch. […] Usually selfish people [like] that don’t know that they don’t love Blair’s 4am Reserve.”
For context’s sake, here’s a video of an overcompensatory bro being tamed by one ghost chili. The rascally redditor responsible for this story doled out a punishment many times more severe than what you’ll see below.
Screengrab via tedbarus/YouTube
Our Tumblr has everything: fandom, comics, longreads, GIFs, free pizza, and more. Follow us.
Dylan Love is an editorial consultant and journalist whose reporting interests include emergent technology, digital media, and Russian language and culture. He is a former staff writer for the Daily Dot, and his work has been published by Business Insider, International Business Times, Men's Journal, and the Next Web.