- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Tuesday 11:47 AM
You see exactly which is better, according to Twitter.
After spending what feels like the entirety of America’s existence railing against Obamacare, the Republican party, now firmly in control of the House, Senate and White House, finally dropped their replacement bill.
It left some things to be desired. Not only are Democrats naturally unhappy with it, even people within the GOP are decrying it as “Obamacare 2.0.” The bill removes federal government subsidies for insurance, replacing them with tax credits. It maintains Obamacare’s more popular policies, such as the ban on denying coverage for pre-existing conditions.
Left-leaning Twitter naturally had a field day with it, juxtaposing the “good Obamacare” with the “bad GOP replacement.”
— Lisa S. (@ala005) March 7, 2017
Obamacare vs. GOP replacement plan pic.twitter.com/mEBKPcow6o
— Christofurrr (@kuusela34) March 7, 2017
Obamacare vs. GOP Replacement pic.twitter.com/ghikTlabMJ
— Rebecca Watson (@rebeccawatson) March 7, 2017
Obamacare vs. House GOP Replacement pic.twitter.com/vaIJcZuV9u
— Grover (@XGroverX) March 7, 2017
ObamaCare vs. GOP Replacement pic.twitter.com/GXOQrPIMwM
— Hutch Harris (@thethermals) March 7, 2017
obamacare vs. the GOP replacement pic.twitter.com/f1dEFLzcCc
— Blind Chow (@BlindChow) March 7, 2017
ObamaCare vs. GOP Replacement pic.twitter.com/lvnuLFC8YQ
— Jackie Carbajal (@jackiecarbajal) March 7, 2017
The president, though, was happy with his party’s efforts.
Our wonderful new Healthcare Bill is now out for review and negotiation. ObamaCare is a complete and total disaster – is imploding fast!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 7, 2017
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected].