- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Saturday 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Saturday 6:00 AM
- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
Hilarious Barack Obama, Joe Biden memes are having fun at Donald Trump’s expense
These memes are the best way for Hillary fans to cope.
With the election of Donald Trump as America’s 45th president, it’s no surprise that plenty of people are unhappy.
Thanks to the inflammatory extremity of so much of Trump’s rhetoric and policy proposals and the effective anti-mandate given to him by a substantial popular vote loss (the Hillary Clinton ticket is expected to finish with millions more votes than Trump received), it’s no surprise that so many people are frustrated, confused, hurt, and fearful.
In times like these, sometimes it helps to have a laugh.
Which is probably why so many memes of President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are kicking around right now, roasting the reality that Trump will be entering the White House in January. As far as executive branch duos go, there haven’t been many who’ve had, reportedly, as close and friendly a relationship as these two, so the buddy comedy angle has always been strong.
But now, with the lights dimming on the final months of the administration, they’re getting a joyful send-off on social media, even amid some challenging circumstances. You probably could’ve guessed your old pal Joe would have some tricks planned for the Donald, no?
And, of course, some people always want a piece of the attention.
Make no mistake, the end of the Obama era will signal an end to the first truly meme-rich presidency in American history. And with the Trump administration incoming and the often left-wing sensibilities of countless political meme-makers, it seems likely that presidential memes are headed for a bit of a dark period. But at least we’ll always have the good old days, right?
Never change, imaginary internet Joe Biden. You’ve been the hero we needed these past few days.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.