- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah 3 Years Ago
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State 3 Years Ago
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace Today 1:00 AM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
#NationalNutMonth isn’t going exactly as planned
‘Nut’ means something else on the internet.
October is a very special month for a lot of very special reasons. But there’s one reason in particular that puts the tenth month of our calendar year head and shoulders (or whatever position you please!) above the rest. It’s something hiding in plain sight, that you probably do on the regular.
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to National Nut Month.
One must presume that when the National Peanut Board declared it #NationalNutMonth and told people to “take the month off,” they meant “clear out your schedule to nosh on nuts.” But this is the internet, a place for porn, and the home of nut and succ alike.
People are trying to nut here. They look up adult videos by the millions and make memes about oral sex more often than they wax poetic on brands like Planters and Diamond. So, they responded to the National Peanut Board as you’d expect.
Since some brilliant social media guru made #NationalNutMonth a hashtag, the campaign’s taken off in some unlikely places. Look how thrilled the George Washington Carver National Monument is about nutting!
Dude was a nut pioneer, nutting every damn day. What a legend. And just look at Diamond nutting all over this wood grain way back in 2014. Who would’ve thought National Nut Month would take off like this?
Looks like the nutspirations are bigger than ever this year. Way to go, National Peanut Board!
The Daily Dot reached out to the National Peanut Board expecting to receive a flashy press release and a SFW statement. Instead, a spokesperson sent an automated out of office message. They probably took some time off to, you know, nut—just as October intended.
Keep on nuttin’, y’all.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.