- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca 6 Years Ago
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds 6 Years Ago
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Today 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Today 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Today 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Today 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Today 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Today 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Today 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming Today 9:26 AM
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man Today 8:42 AM
The Morning GIF: Album covers go live
Graphic designer Mommam Moolma turns static cover art into GIF glory.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
The naked baby from the album cover of Nirvana’s Nevermind swims along, trying to catch the dollar. Michael Jackson blinks incessantly on the cover of Thriller. Dancer Peter Reed flexes his butt over and over again on the cover of Night Work by the Sister Scissors.
These are just some of the memorable album covers 28-year-old artist Mommam Moolma has animated on his Tumblr blog WTF Album Covers.
Since starting the blog in March, Moolma has animated about 200 covers, most of which were requests, he explains.
“I do it as my hobby after work,” Moolma, a graphic designer in Thailand, told the Daily Dot. “I enjoy figuring out what to do with the covers. Especially ones I have never seen before.”
Like most GIF artists, Moolma uses Photoshop to create the covers, each of which takes a few hours to make. His favorite to date is that of John Mayer’s Heavier Things.
“I love this cover because my friends love wondering how I did it,” Moolma said.
Check out some more of Moolma’s GIFs below.
GIF by Mommam Moolma | Photo via WTF Album Covers/Tumblr
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.