- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Today 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Today 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Today 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Today 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Today 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Today 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Today 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Today 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Today 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Today 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Today 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Today 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Today 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Today 10:38 AM
- Twitter pledges to verify politicians in national primaries Today 9:34 AM
The Morning GIF: Album covers go live
Graphic designer Mommam Moolma turns static cover art into GIF glory.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
The naked baby from the album cover of Nirvana’s Nevermind swims along, trying to catch the dollar. Michael Jackson blinks incessantly on the cover of Thriller. Dancer Peter Reed flexes his butt over and over again on the cover of Night Work by the Sister Scissors.
These are just some of the memorable album covers 28-year-old artist Mommam Moolma has animated on his Tumblr blog WTF Album Covers.
Since starting the blog in March, Moolma has animated about 200 covers, most of which were requests, he explains.
“I do it as my hobby after work,” Moolma, a graphic designer in Thailand, told the Daily Dot. “I enjoy figuring out what to do with the covers. Especially ones I have never seen before.”
Like most GIF artists, Moolma uses Photoshop to create the covers, each of which takes a few hours to make. His favorite to date is that of John Mayer’s Heavier Things.
“I love this cover because my friends love wondering how I did it,” Moolma said.
Check out some more of Moolma’s GIFs below.
GIF by Mommam Moolma | Photo via WTF Album Covers/Tumblr
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.