- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ 11 Months Ago
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
She also stared into the camera with weird, dead eyes that people are having too much fun with, years after the fact. A new meme that’s been going around is pretty simple: It’s a photo of Miley with piercing blue eyes that seem to have zero signs of life behind them. Kind of like a doll’s eyes. She’s looking straight ahead as though she’s lost any sort of semblance of humanity. And people are having a blast with this strange pose, because why not?
There’s no real explanation for why the picture is making the rounds right now, but we know it’s a relic from the singer and actress’ storied history. When the photo was taken, Cyrus was actually 15, and looking a sight different from the somewhat erratic pop star we now know her as, even post-Bangerz (her best album, don’t @ us.) But…that face. Why?
Drew Barrymore in Firestarter b like pic.twitter.com/WbFlN2cdJX— shonda rhimes wrote crossroads (@jersing) October 24, 2018
Bank Robber: goofiest bitch in the room getting shot first— spooky gay tweets (@trashygaytweets) October 23, 2018
It’s uncanny, how terrifying this look for Miley actually is. You okay, Ms. Cyrus?
medusa turning her victims into stone pic.twitter.com/KVQraKDNy0— faggrat XCX (@faggrat) October 24, 2018
I SAID are we gonna party in the USA pic.twitter.com/KoUMt8Xx8p— Ghetto Fran Dresher (@wildestthot) October 23, 2018
me: i love lana del-— Lana Del Rey Aesthetics (@chateaumarment) October 23, 2018
summertime sadness remix fans: pic.twitter.com/K2XTQNQ177
Most people opt to focus on how unsettling Miley’s stare is here, like she’s some kind of automaton.
Miley’s face is even being combined with other memes, like in the case of this exemplary A Star is Born tweet.
And this one.
This one too.
As creepy as the photo is, people just can’t get enough of it.
gays tweeting that miley cyrus photo pic.twitter.com/iv5jSkgSPu— ｌａｎｅ (@agenderjortz) October 24, 2018
Others are simply scared for their lives.
When I see that Miley Cyrus eyes meme flash up on my tl pic.twitter.com/tWxtk5zVDn— Josh (@JoshuaNaugh) October 24, 2018
It’s arresting, in more ways than one. We’re just curious, in the meantime, how Miley feels about this bizarre lewk of hers from so long ago.
I’m.... pic.twitter.com/u06MLcBNdo— alfcapulco 666 (@alfredoo666) October 24, 2018
Unfortunately, she’s still taking her sabbatical from social media at the moment, so it’s possible she hasn’t even seen the hilarity going on with these images. When she decides to return, however, it looks like she’ll be in for a hilarious time with all these edits.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.