- Woman pens open letter about getting baby product ads after her son was stillborn Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Queen’s ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ is now the most-streamed song from the 20th century Wednesday 5:16 PM
- Russian TV praises robot that is really a dude in a costume Wednesday 4:28 PM
- This YouTuber put semi-permanent freckles on her face—and it was a catastrophe Wednesday 3:57 PM
- 2020 campaign job postings online fuel speculation frenzy Wednesday 1:48 PM
- Here’s everything to look forward to from Netflix in 2019 Wednesday 1:43 PM
- Sean Hannity busted deleting his old Michael Cohen tweets Wednesday 12:34 PM
- Michael Cohen calls working for Trump ‘mental incarceration’ during sentencing Wednesday 12:13 PM
- Germany just experienced an enormous chocolate spill—and it looks absolutely delicious Wednesday 10:58 AM
- A professor asked his students to go viral, and it actually worked Wednesday 10:38 AM
- Family says racist bullying led to 9-year-old’s suicide Wednesday 9:57 AM
- How ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ found its eye-popping animation Wednesday 9:15 AM
- Netflix gives Selena Quintanilla the series our queen deserves Wednesday 8:51 AM
- Pence gets meme’d for zen-like looks during Trump’s White House showdown Wednesday 8:50 AM
- Marvel is rebooting the Fantastic Four—with a major twist Wednesday 8:11 AM
A goal we can all strive for.
Earlier this month, the internet was infatuated with Austin Rogers, the Jeopardy! champion who made big wagers. Now a new contestant is gaining fans. Manny Abell won Jeopardy! last night with $1. Yep, just $1. According to the show, no one has won with $1 since 1993.
Screenshots of Abell winning $1 and throwing his hands up in the air quickly went viral.
THIS IS THE DRAMA I LIVE FOR pic.twitter.com/zRfX46SDVW
— earl simmons (@iamsamkeller) October 17, 2017
And become parodied.
— Isaac Spaceman (@IsaacSpaceman) October 18, 2017
It’s clear that people love Manny.
When you bomb the test but set the curve https://t.co/wMRsL2gQFa
— IanMilesJohnWright (@The_Ian_Wright) October 18, 2017
— Amanda Ach (@amandaach) October 18, 2017
I took some screenshots from that clip of Manny winning Jeopardy with only $1 and these are amazing pic.twitter.com/jAjzLFwXGi
— Nolan Roth (@CombatCat13) October 18, 2017
He sure makes competing on Jeopardy! look easy.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.