- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Tuesday 11:29 AM
Every fact Kylie shares about her new baby has inadvertently become a meme at this point. Jenner’s pregnancy was kept under such uncharacteristic wraps from the media, and no details about Stormi’s birth were revealed until the release of a surprise announcement video, so basically all anyone knows at this point is that this baby was born and that her dad is Jenner’s boyfriend Travis Scott. But that hasn’t stopped Jenner’s fans from propelling the birth announcement to the most-liked Instagram photo of all time in less than a week. Between the name reveal and the image of Stormi’s tiny hand, Twitter and Instagram have found enough material to work with.
First, there are the people noticing that the next generation of this celebrity family’s babies is basically a weather report:
why are the Kardashian babies sounding like a weather forecast: it’s Stormi in North Chicago with a little bit of Reign
— Andrew Kanatsky (@AndrewKanatsky) February 6, 2018
Hey PENELOPE, It’s a little STORMI NORTH of the MASON dixon. A lot of REIGN will soon be rolling into CHICAGO. Not really living the DREAM but I wouldn’t be a SAINT if I didn’t warn you about the baby on the way!
— dair (@dairbear_) February 7, 2018
I had a DREAM last night that my SAINT of a friend PENELOPE was holding out a MASON jar catching REIGN coming from the NORTH WEST side of CHICAGO. Guess it was a STORMI night…
— stefani (@iiordanou) February 6, 2018
are the kardashians creating a weather forecast lmao "it’s going to be stormi, with a chance of reign, in the north of chicago"
— Common White Girl (@CommonWhiteGrls) February 7, 2018
Then there are the people spotting the potential of a branding tie-in for the baby’s first photo:
A post shared by Claudia Oshry Soffer (@girlwithnojob) on
Like her mother before her, Stormi is viral.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.