- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
- Twitter is testing a feature that would hide offensive DMs you receive Friday 4:19 PM
- How to stream Arsenal vs. Burnley Friday 4:15 PM
- The original ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’ is now streaming on Netflix Friday 3:33 PM
- 2 anime series are translating the controversial phrase ‘lolicon’ to ‘pedophile’ Friday 3:25 PM
- This Four Loko hard seltzer is basically a meme in a can Friday 2:40 PM
- Pete Buttigieg says he’s not in favor of the DH in baseball Friday 2:40 PM
You know the old saying: When life gives you chocolate bars, plan a proposal.
The man who was savagely roasted on the internet last month for sinking his teeth into a Kit Kat bar in an abhorrent fashion has turned the viral joke into a totally precious life moment.
It all began when Weekly Standard reporter Haley Byrd shared the horrifying way her boyfriend, Evan Wilt, ate a Kit Kat: sideways, with no regard for the individual bars that are meant to be broken off and shared.
“I don’t think I’ve ever had a Kit Kat before,” my boyfriend remarks before doing THIS pic.twitter.com/UQbuD3Etpg— Haley Byrd (@byrdinator) June 1, 2018
Plenty of strangers, understandably, saw this breach of candy bar conduct as a major red flag. They dispensed advice accordingly.
give him a break (up with him)— Pete Cannon (@coffeewithcats) June 1, 2018
You know it’s bad when you’re getting dating tips from CNN’s Jake Tapper and Dictionary.com.
Break up with him at once https://t.co/522TLFnZxl— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) June 1, 2018
But it seems Byrd wasn’t discouraged by the Kit Kat barbarity. In fact, when Wilt offered her an engagement ring placed sideways in a Kit Kat bar, she accepted. The couple shared the news with Twitter on Tuesday, winking at the joke that made them small-time internet famous.
He still doesn’t know how to eat a Kit Kat pic.twitter.com/hEOzmWqAMY— Haley Byrd (@byrdinator) July 4, 2018
Of course, now Wilt can write off his Kit Kat transgression as all part of a massive proposal plan.
This was all a set up for marriage proposal pic.twitter.com/PjHGWgXqo9— 39 decibel (@Substandardfan) July 4, 2018
But the internet seems OK with that.
Give him a break— ΞLΞVΞNTH (@3L3V3NTH) July 4, 2018
May the couple enjoy happy lives together, full of Kit-Kats eaten however they damn well please.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.