- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
You know the old saying: When life gives you chocolate bars, plan a proposal.
The man who was savagely roasted on the internet last month for sinking his teeth into a Kit Kat bar in an abhorrent fashion has turned the viral joke into a totally precious life moment.
It all began when Weekly Standard reporter Haley Byrd shared the horrifying way her boyfriend, Evan Wilt, ate a Kit Kat: sideways, with no regard for the individual bars that are meant to be broken off and shared.
“I don’t think I’ve ever had a Kit Kat before,” my boyfriend remarks before doing THIS pic.twitter.com/UQbuD3Etpg— Haley Byrd (@byrdinator) June 1, 2018
Plenty of strangers, understandably, saw this breach of candy bar conduct as a major red flag. They dispensed advice accordingly.
give him a break (up with him)— Pete Cannon (@coffeewithcats) June 1, 2018
You know it’s bad when you’re getting dating tips from CNN’s Jake Tapper and Dictionary.com.
Break up with him at once https://t.co/522TLFnZxl— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) June 1, 2018
But it seems Byrd wasn’t discouraged by the Kit Kat barbarity. In fact, when Wilt offered her an engagement ring placed sideways in a Kit Kat bar, she accepted. The couple shared the news with Twitter on Tuesday, winking at the joke that made them small-time internet famous.
He still doesn’t know how to eat a Kit Kat pic.twitter.com/hEOzmWqAMY— Haley Byrd (@byrdinator) July 4, 2018
Of course, now Wilt can write off his Kit Kat transgression as all part of a massive proposal plan.
This was all a set up for marriage proposal pic.twitter.com/PjHGWgXqo9— 39 decibel (@Substandardfan) July 4, 2018
But the internet seems OK with that.
Give him a break— ΞLΞVΞNTH (@3L3V3NTH) July 4, 2018
May the couple enjoy happy lives together, full of Kit-Kats eaten however they damn well please.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.