- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds 6 Years Ago
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ 6 Years Ago
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Today 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Today 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Today 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Today 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Today 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case Today 11:42 AM
- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak Today 11:20 AM
A tender kiss from Ryan Gosling is only a browser tab away
Well, thank goodness for the Internet.
It was a slow Monday morning when my editor called me into his office.
“O’Connor,” he growled. “I’ve got an assignment for you.”
“What is it, boss?” I asked.
We took a long drag of our cigarettes.
“I need you to kiss Ryan Gosling,” he said.
“Anything for a story, sir,” I said.
But I was anxious when I walked out of the towering Daily Dot offices. I dragged my feet in the snow. How the hell am I going to pull this off, I wondered. I don’t even know Ryan Gosling. Also, I’m not into dudes.
Well, thank goodness for the Internet. More specifically, thank goodness for KissingRyan.com, a website where you can take a picture of yourself with a superimposed image of Ryan Gosling kissing someone.
He’s come around on cereal, too.
I shared this cool site with my editor.
He nodded. “That’ll do,” he said curtly.
A minute later, this appeared in my inbox:
And then the Gosling love kept pouring in:
— aleksander chan (@aleksnotalex) March 3, 2014
— amy brown (@arb) March 3, 2014
— tyler bradley (@tylerfbradley) March 3, 2014
Crazy, Stupid, Love. pic.twitter.com/YNK9fVwlXw
— Evan Weiss (@eaweiss) March 3, 2014
— Molly McHugh (@iammollymchugh) March 3, 2014
Reluctantly sharing my coffee with Ryan Gosling. http://t.co/dhYqwydSJG
— Kate Knibbs (@KateKnibbs) March 3, 2014
Photos via KissingRyan.com
Brendan O’Connor is a technology and politics reporter. In April 2016, he joined Gawker Media Group as a staff writer, where he covers the alt-right for its special projects desk.