- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new 4 Years Ago
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
Who thought it was a good idea to put fried chicken on rice, though?
There’s Kentucky Fried Chicken, and then there’s Kentucky Failed Chicken, especially in the case of their new menu item: the KFC Ricebox.
Reddit u/athiestlee’s most recent dining experience with KFC wasn’t the most pleasurable. After ordering one of their Riceboxes, the Redditor posted comparison pics of expectation versus reality, which people have since been making a clucking ruckus about.
Advertisements for the menu item show a hearty bed of rice with some greens in the mix, along with the crispy fried chicken. Meanwhile, athiestlee’s meal looks like something from a TV show’s high school cafeteria.
The Independent reports that a KFC spokesperson has apologized about box of brown mush and that they’ve been in contact with the customer to apologize. We’re hoping that the phrase “a lifetime of free mashed potatoes” has come up in the negotiations.
Plenty of other people on the Internet are shaming the fast-food chain for the Ricebox, but it seems most are upset about how tiny the box is.
If anything, these people just want more of the Ricebox.
Meanwhile, there are other people raving about the Ricebox, calling it “#yummy” and “awesome,” things that I thought I’d never hear being used to describe some fried chicken on top o’ some grains.
And one Redditor who allegedly works at KFC pointed out that “whoever fucked up this bad would be in a lot of shit.” The chain is apparently super-strict when it comes to food presentation, even teaching their employees to pack buckets with white meat at the bottom and dark meat on top. What an interesting nugget of chicken knowledge!
We’re still waiting for comment from the Colonel.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.