- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
Who thought it was a good idea to put fried chicken on rice, though?
There’s Kentucky Fried Chicken, and then there’s Kentucky Failed Chicken, especially in the case of their new menu item: the KFC Ricebox.
Reddit u/athiestlee’s most recent dining experience with KFC wasn’t the most pleasurable. After ordering one of their Riceboxes, the Redditor posted comparison pics of expectation versus reality, which people have since been making a clucking ruckus about.
Advertisements for the menu item show a hearty bed of rice with some greens in the mix, along with the crispy fried chicken. Meanwhile, athiestlee’s meal looks like something from a TV show’s high school cafeteria.
The Independent reports that a KFC spokesperson has apologized about box of brown mush and that they’ve been in contact with the customer to apologize. We’re hoping that the phrase “a lifetime of free mashed potatoes” has come up in the negotiations.
Plenty of other people on the Internet are shaming the fast-food chain for the Ricebox, but it seems most are upset about how tiny the box is.
If anything, these people just want more of the Ricebox.
Meanwhile, there are other people raving about the Ricebox, calling it “#yummy” and “awesome,” things that I thought I’d never hear being used to describe some fried chicken on top o’ some grains.
And one Redditor who allegedly works at KFC pointed out that “whoever fucked up this bad would be in a lot of shit.” The chain is apparently super-strict when it comes to food presentation, even teaching their employees to pack buckets with white meat at the bottom and dark meat on top. What an interesting nugget of chicken knowledge!
We’re still waiting for comment from the Colonel.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.