- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Let’s face it. Jimmy John’s sandwiches are just OK. It’s customer service, however, is world-class. Possibly the best customer service we can think of at this moment. Sure, other brands replace damaged orders and compensate us for terrible times, but have Amazon or Target ever caught your boyfriend cheating on you, then called to tell you about it? Didn’t think so.
A 23-year-old named Kayla Speer in West Burlington, Iowa, was recently tipped off by a Jimmy John’s delivery driver that her long-distance boyfriend wasn’t exactly staying faithful to her.
Speer took to Twitter this week to tell her story in a dramatic tweet thread that recounts the story. As her boyfriend was studying for finals a few months ago, Speer decided to pep him up with a delicious sandwich from Jimmy John’s to get the ol’ brain cells firing.
When I was placing my order to the @jimmyjohns employee I let them know that this was for my boyfriend who lived in that city and that I wouldn’t be present when the food was delivered since I’m 3 hours away. I also asked if it was okay for him to sign for me.— Kayla (@kayla_speer_) June 28, 2018
Speer called the Jimmy John’s restaurant and confirmed to the employee taking her order that the food would be delivered without her there since she was three hours away, and then proceeded to send off some freaky fast magic to her beau. She then let her boyfriend know that a sandwich was on the way via text. He didn’t respond right away, but Speer chalked that up to him saying he was about to take a nap and then continue studying.
The order was placed & my bf had texted me a little bit before letting me know he was going to take a nap. So I sent him a text saying “hey, foods on the way for you. Please leave a tip.” I didn’t hear back from him for a bit, but I just assumed he was sleeping.— Kayla (@kayla_speer_) June 28, 2018
Her boyfriend eventually sent her a thank you text. Seems pretty normal, right? Nothing out of the ordinary?
Wrong. Speer then received a call from the Jimmy John’s delivery driver. Speaking to BuzzFeed, Speer said she first thought that she was receiving confirmation that the food had reached its destination or that there might be a problem with her payment method.
“Then I answered my phone,” she continued. “And the Jimmy John’s delivery guy was like, ‘Hey, we don’t usually do this, but we thought you should know that when we walked up to your boyfriend’s apartment, we were able to see inside, and we saw him with another woman naked on the couch.'”
I had a few follow up questions for the delivery guy (extrememly upset and confused) which he so graciously answered which confirmed that it was in fact my bf who was on the couch with the naked woman.— Kayla (@kayla_speer_) June 28, 2018
Obviously, Speer was taken aback by this.
“[The driver] was like, ‘Honestly, it was so awkward I just wanted to get out of there, so I just gave him the sandwich and left.'”
The only thing left to do after that was to confront her boyfriend and, a few days later, break up with him after he scrambled to make up some sort of lie. You go, girl.
KAYLA!! I’d love to cater your breakup party! Let me know when and where! Please DM me your address and contact info and I’ll make it happen! https://t.co/ogfNhqAIRj— Jimmy John's (@jimmyjohns) June 28, 2018
The story has since gone viral, with folks praising the Jimmy John’s employee, who Speer has not heard from again. She wishes she could thank him “again” for the kind gesture, and she may very well get to do so. Jimmy John’s has reached out to Speer to cater a “breakup party” for the newly-single Jimmy John’s customer.
I do want to thank @jimmyjohns for their incredible service to their customers. Not many would do what that delivery driver did, and I’m very grateful he called me and was honest about the situation. #WWJJD (What Would Jimmy Johns Do?)— Kayla (@kayla_speer_) June 28, 2018
Perhaps she’ll get to meet her knight in red, black, and white armor there?
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.