- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
‘Fine Felon’ Jeremy Meeks lands modeling contract [Update]
Too bad he can’t make bail.
After his arrest, the Stockton Police Department posted his mugshot to Facebook, where it promptly went bonkers, mainly for his looks. Both men and women complimented his looks, and he was described as a “Devil with angel eyes.” He only found out about his new “fans” after a TV reporter told him about it.
Those jokes about his looks even turned into Photoshop gold as Meeks was placed into fake modeling ads.
— 2dandee00 (@2dandee00) June 20, 2014
— Tia Wong (@tiaalesewong) June 20, 2014
— La Tesorita (@Derrrpppp) June 20, 2014
But the Photoshop challenge could soon be a reality. TMZ is reporting that Meeks was offered a $30,000 modeling contract from Blaze Models, and he now has Gina Rodriguez, who also represents Tan Mom, as his agent.
Not bad when you’re still being held on $1.1 million bail.
Update: However, according to the family, Blaze hasn’t made an offer yet.
Luke O’Neil at Bullett writes:
I called up his rep at Gina Rodriguez, and asked whether or not he had actually been offered any contracts, and whether Blaze specifically had offered him $30,000.
“We haven’t even talked to Blaze Management at all. We’re in talks with Jim Jordan from White Cross management,” a representative named Brandy, who declined to give her last name, which is how you know the company is legit, told me.
She did confirm that they are his management now, and that he is still in prison. They have no idea when he is getting out, she said.
Cool. So what about White Cross then? What do they have to say?
“We’re not representing him and not working with him in any way,” a man named Jeff, who also didn’t want to give his last name explained to me.
“We’d prefer that you didn’t even write that.”
Just remember, you did this, Internet.
Area Felon’s Life Forever Changed By Fashion Industry That Recognized His Outer Beauty
— Emily Dreyfuss (@EmilyDreyfuss) July 1, 2014
H/T BuzzFeed | Illustration by Jason Reed
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.