- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Today 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Today 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Today 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Today 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Today 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Today 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Today 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Today 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Today 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Today 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
- ‘Succession’ but with M&Ms is a pitch-perfect parody Today 11:12 AM
‘Fine Felon’ Jeremy Meeks lands modeling contract [Update]
Too bad he can’t make bail.
After his arrest, the Stockton Police Department posted his mugshot to Facebook, where it promptly went bonkers, mainly for his looks. Both men and women complimented his looks, and he was described as a “Devil with angel eyes.” He only found out about his new “fans” after a TV reporter told him about it.
Those jokes about his looks even turned into Photoshop gold as Meeks was placed into fake modeling ads.
— 2dandee00 (@2dandee00) June 20, 2014
— Tia Wong (@tiaalesewong) June 20, 2014
— La Tesorita (@Derrrpppp) June 20, 2014
But the Photoshop challenge could soon be a reality. TMZ is reporting that Meeks was offered a $30,000 modeling contract from Blaze Models, and he now has Gina Rodriguez, who also represents Tan Mom, as his agent.
Not bad when you’re still being held on $1.1 million bail.
Update: However, according to the family, Blaze hasn’t made an offer yet.
Luke O’Neil at Bullett writes:
I called up his rep at Gina Rodriguez, and asked whether or not he had actually been offered any contracts, and whether Blaze specifically had offered him $30,000.
“We haven’t even talked to Blaze Management at all. We’re in talks with Jim Jordan from White Cross management,” a representative named Brandy, who declined to give her last name, which is how you know the company is legit, told me.
She did confirm that they are his management now, and that he is still in prison. They have no idea when he is getting out, she said.
Cool. So what about White Cross then? What do they have to say?
“We’re not representing him and not working with him in any way,” a man named Jeff, who also didn’t want to give his last name explained to me.
“We’d prefer that you didn’t even write that.”
Just remember, you did this, Internet.
Area Felon’s Life Forever Changed By Fashion Industry That Recognized His Outer Beauty
— Emily Dreyfuss (@EmilyDreyfuss) July 1, 2014
H/T BuzzFeed | Illustration by Jason Reed
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.