- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
Jeb Bush is still running for president, according to his Twitter bio
Does he know something we don’t?
JEB bush dropped out but didn’t chance his Twitter bio. he does not have his priorities in order
— nick (@flugeIhorn) February 21, 2016
Jeb needs to update his twitter bio
— Your #1 Bagel Boy (@DangerLantz) February 21, 2016
Indeed, 10 days after he suspended campaign operations, he’s still calling himself a candidate for the highest office in the land—perhaps in the sense that, say, Bart Simpson and Deez Nuts are candidates for student council president in most high school elections.
Maybe this is some elaborate plot. Maybe, just maybe, Bush has one more trick up his sleeve that will allow him to make a last-minute comeback and totally beat out Donald Trump.
Or maybe Bush is just sad, staring longingly at his phone screen late into the unfeeling night, wondering whether he should man up and revise his Twitter bio or not. We feel your pain, dude—we even sent you some gifts, which hopefully you’ve received by now—but sometimes the first step to self-affirmation is acceptance.
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.