- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Today 10:35 AM
- These are the only online dating sites worth your time Today 10:29 AM
- Jameela Jamil sparks conversation about women having to make the ‘boyfriend excuse’ Today 10:23 AM
- Trump-Russia conspiracy theorists think they’ve found secrets in the Mueller report Today 9:32 AM
- Report: YouTube is done competing with Netflix, Amazon Today 9:27 AM
- Netflix drama ‘Coisa Mais Linda’ explores Bossa Nova clubs and women’s rights in Brazil Today 8:08 AM
- The best ‘Game of Thrones’ memes to get you pumped for season 8 Today 7:30 AM
- Amazon Echo Show (2nd Gen) vs Google Home Hub: Which is better? Today 7:00 AM
- Solange sings along to Ariana Grande on Instagram Stories—and fans are obsessed Today 6:37 AM
- How to stream the entire ’30 For 30′ series for free Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! My happiest Facebook Memories are making me miserable Today 6:30 AM
- Musketeers: Welcome to the global Elon Musk fan network Today 6:00 AM
- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
Jeb Bush is still running for president, according to his Twitter bio
Does he know something we don’t?
JEB bush dropped out but didn’t chance his Twitter bio. he does not have his priorities in order
— nick (@flugeIhorn) February 21, 2016
Jeb needs to update his twitter bio
— Your #1 Bagel Boy (@DangerLantz) February 21, 2016
Indeed, 10 days after he suspended campaign operations, he’s still calling himself a candidate for the highest office in the land—perhaps in the sense that, say, Bart Simpson and Deez Nuts are candidates for student council president in most high school elections.
Maybe this is some elaborate plot. Maybe, just maybe, Bush has one more trick up his sleeve that will allow him to make a last-minute comeback and totally beat out Donald Trump.
Or maybe Bush is just sad, staring longingly at his phone screen late into the unfeeling night, wondering whether he should man up and revise his Twitter bio or not. We feel your pain, dude—we even sent you some gifts, which hopefully you’ve received by now—but sometimes the first step to self-affirmation is acceptance.
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.