- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Thursday 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Thursday 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Thursday 10:30 AM
Jeb Bush is still running for president, according to his Twitter bio
Does he know something we don’t?
JEB bush dropped out but didn’t chance his Twitter bio. he does not have his priorities in order
— nick (@flugeIhorn) February 21, 2016
Jeb needs to update his twitter bio
— Your #1 Bagel Boy (@DangerLantz) February 21, 2016
Indeed, 10 days after he suspended campaign operations, he’s still calling himself a candidate for the highest office in the land—perhaps in the sense that, say, Bart Simpson and Deez Nuts are candidates for student council president in most high school elections.
Maybe this is some elaborate plot. Maybe, just maybe, Bush has one more trick up his sleeve that will allow him to make a last-minute comeback and totally beat out Donald Trump.
Or maybe Bush is just sad, staring longingly at his phone screen late into the unfeeling night, wondering whether he should man up and revise his Twitter bio or not. We feel your pain, dude—we even sent you some gifts, which hopefully you’ve received by now—but sometimes the first step to self-affirmation is acceptance.
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.