- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik 8 Months Ago
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch 8 Months Ago
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan 8 Months Ago
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
Jawad Bendaoud was accused of lending his apartment to two jihadists after the November 2015 Paris attacks. Both men had links to ISIS and were involved in terror attacks in one of the city’s most deadly attacks. Bendaoud was sentenced on appeal to four years in prison last week.
The footage of him walking into the Paris courtroom dressed in a tracksuit with a puffed chest and a face that says he means business has become a viral meme. Know Your Meme has dubbed it the “Tough Guy Entrance”.
Twitter user Mohamedjellit posted a few seconds of a video of Bendaoud on the social site, saying, “caption this” and boy, did people caption it. The video essentially speaks to those moments when someone steps up to defend something and maybe is taking that thing a little too seriously.
One person used the video to reference the Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus “Old Town Road” remix.
Billboard: This Lil Nas X song isn’t technically country— Eugene ejay (@Ejayarrmani) April 5, 2019
Billy Ray Cyrus: pic.twitter.com/yRUvhOQIjq
Other people are using it for moments that seem a little too specific.
When you're about to piss your pants but all the urinals are full with punk-ass busters. pic.twitter.com/kPwJq4sBcw— Sal Vulcano (@SalVulcano) April 4, 2019
the teacher walking into class the next day after we made the substitute cry https://t.co/PUaVMVasCJ— Ibra (@yungibra_) April 1, 2019
Me guarding my mom at the ATM machine https://t.co/YFR929omtk— Akmal Rusyaidi (@A_rusyaidi16) April 3, 2019
drunk me walking back into the party after throwing up in the bathroom: https://t.co/ihBbTPYkbm— omar (@_Z0ldyck) April 4, 2019
My nephew realizing one of his lunchables got eaten— Marcia Belsky (@MarciaBelsky) April 5, 2019
Although the circumstances that brought Bendaoud to this moment are unfortunate, his attitude in this video clip has been all of us at some point.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.