- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free 1 Year Ago
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Today 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Today 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Today 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Today 1:00 AM
- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Saturday 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Saturday 2:07 PM
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans (updated) Saturday 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Saturday 12:24 PM
Charlottesville organizer calls Heather Heyer’s death ‘payback,’ blames it on being high
Well, this is terrible.
One day after a neo-Nazi sympathizer rammed his car into a crowd of people objecting to a white supremacy rally and killed a woman, the Daily Stormer—a white nationalist website—ran an article making numerous derogatory remarks about the victim, Heather Heyer.
The article, titled “Heather Heyer: Woman Killed in Road Rage Incident was a Fat, Childless 32-Year-Old Slut,” caused GoDaddy, which hosted the site, to boot the Daily Stormer off their servers.
Last night, the organizer behind the Charlottesville “Unite the Right” rally, Jason Kessler, tweeted out a link to the story, calling her death “payback.”
Kessler deleted the tweet sometime before this morning, then subsequently blamed it on stress, medication, and alcohol.
Kessler has since protected his tweets.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]