- How to follow along with San Diego Comic Con online 2 Years Ago
- How to live stream the International Champions Cup Today 5:00 AM
- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
Jake Tapper owns Lindsey Graham with clip that shows the senator’s hypocrisy
It seems that Lindsey Graham, the Republican senator from South Carolina, forgot that people can look up all of his previous television appearances.
“You know what concerns me about the American press?” he said on CNN this week. “This endless, endless attempt to label [President Donald Trump] as some kind of kook, unfit to be president.”
CNN’s own Jake Tapper had quite the comeback.
Lindsey Graham today: I’m concerned by the media’s attempt to label Trump as a kook or not fit to be President.— The Lead CNN (@TheLeadCNN) November 30, 2017
Lindsey Graham in 2016: “I think he’s a kook. I think he’s crazy. I think he’s unfit for office.” pic.twitter.com/34w2HEM12b
Yep, that’s right. Graham called Trump a “kook” and “unfit for office” in 2016. It’s on video, so he can’t deny that he said those things about the current president. Sure, a lot of politicians changed their position on Trump post-election, and now they have to eat their words.
But it’s kind of incredible that Graham is now criticizing the media for apparently saying the exact critiques he made himself.
The internet loved Tapper’s response.
Someone done got Tapped: https://t.co/L32Sok1D7N— Josh Charles (@MrJoshCharles) November 30, 2017
I did not expect the sheer precision of this ownage https://t.co/rEEvdbA8cS— Jack Jenkins (@jackmjenkins) December 1, 2017
THIS IS AMAZING https://t.co/Su6UgrptJi— ImHynds (@ImHynds) December 1, 2017
Holy shit. https://t.co/aADA2ghAnP— Craig Mazin (@clmazin) December 1, 2017
Man, it must be really difficult when you have to sell your soul. https://t.co/1dN3DUdrJB— DΞRΞK ⚡ KΞSSLΞR (@derekakessler) December 1, 2017
*insert chef kissing fingers emoji here* https://t.co/siOV1ahzut— Leslie Grossman (@MissLeslieG) November 30, 2017
Cheers to calling out politicians who flip-flop—which is a lot of them!
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.