- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 2 Years Ago
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men 2 Years Ago
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all 2 Years Ago
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action Today 12:14 PM
- Taylor Swift has some thoughts on the end of ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 12:14 PM
- Notre Dame, Georgia, and how to stream college football’s must-watch Week 4 Today 11:52 AM
- Prominent Democratic donor Ed Buck charged with running drug house tied to fatal overdoses Today 11:45 AM
- Merriam-Webster recognizes use of singular ‘they’ for nonbinary people Today 11:39 AM
- VSCO dogs are here, and they’re just barely putting up with it Today 11:38 AM
- Everything you need to know about Juul batteries Today 11:26 AM
- Trump is trying to use Beto as a scapegoat for inaction on gun control Today 11:18 AM
- Instagram influencer says her account was banned over ‘sexual’ pregnancy photo Today 10:23 AM
- YouTube time traveler emotionally describes floating cities in the year 2300 Today 10:15 AM
- Trump’s former campaign manager admits to lying to the media—gets CNN appearance Today 10:15 AM
- Kyrsten Sinema may face a censure vote—and net neutrality is a big reason why Today 8:36 AM
It seems that Lindsey Graham, the Republican senator from South Carolina, forgot that people can look up all of his previous television appearances.
“You know what concerns me about the American press?” he said on CNN this week. “This endless, endless attempt to label [President Donald Trump] as some kind of kook, unfit to be president.”
CNN’s own Jake Tapper had quite the comeback.
Lindsey Graham today: I’m concerned by the media’s attempt to label Trump as a kook or not fit to be President.— The Lead CNN (@TheLeadCNN) November 30, 2017
Lindsey Graham in 2016: “I think he’s a kook. I think he’s crazy. I think he’s unfit for office.” pic.twitter.com/34w2HEM12b
Yep, that’s right. Graham called Trump a “kook” and “unfit for office” in 2016. It’s on video, so he can’t deny that he said those things about the current president. Sure, a lot of politicians changed their position on Trump post-election, and now they have to eat their words.
But it’s kind of incredible that Graham is now criticizing the media for apparently saying the exact critiques he made himself.
The internet loved Tapper’s response.
Someone done got Tapped: https://t.co/L32Sok1D7N— Josh Charles (@MrJoshCharles) November 30, 2017
I did not expect the sheer precision of this ownage https://t.co/rEEvdbA8cS— Jack Jenkins (@jackmjenkins) December 1, 2017
THIS IS AMAZING https://t.co/Su6UgrptJi— ImHynds (@ImHynds) December 1, 2017
Holy shit. https://t.co/aADA2ghAnP— Craig Mazin (@clmazin) December 1, 2017
Man, it must be really difficult when you have to sell your soul. https://t.co/1dN3DUdrJB— DΞRΞK ⚡ KΞSSLΞR (@derekakessler) December 1, 2017
*insert chef kissing fingers emoji here* https://t.co/siOV1ahzut— Leslie Grossman (@MissLeslieG) November 30, 2017
Cheers to calling out politicians who flip-flop—which is a lot of them!
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.