- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Today 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Today 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Today 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Today 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
It seems that Lindsey Graham, the Republican senator from South Carolina, forgot that people can look up all of his previous television appearances.
“You know what concerns me about the American press?” he said on CNN this week. “This endless, endless attempt to label [President Donald Trump] as some kind of kook, unfit to be president.”
CNN’s own Jake Tapper had quite the comeback.
Lindsey Graham today: I’m concerned by the media’s attempt to label Trump as a kook or not fit to be President.— The Lead CNN (@TheLeadCNN) November 30, 2017
Lindsey Graham in 2016: “I think he’s a kook. I think he’s crazy. I think he’s unfit for office.” pic.twitter.com/34w2HEM12b
Yep, that’s right. Graham called Trump a “kook” and “unfit for office” in 2016. It’s on video, so he can’t deny that he said those things about the current president. Sure, a lot of politicians changed their position on Trump post-election, and now they have to eat their words.
But it’s kind of incredible that Graham is now criticizing the media for apparently saying the exact critiques he made himself.
The internet loved Tapper’s response.
Someone done got Tapped: https://t.co/L32Sok1D7N— Josh Charles (@MrJoshCharles) November 30, 2017
I did not expect the sheer precision of this ownage https://t.co/rEEvdbA8cS— Jack Jenkins (@jackmjenkins) December 1, 2017
THIS IS AMAZING https://t.co/Su6UgrptJi— ImHynds (@ImHynds) December 1, 2017
Holy shit. https://t.co/aADA2ghAnP— Craig Mazin (@clmazin) December 1, 2017
Man, it must be really difficult when you have to sell your soul. https://t.co/1dN3DUdrJB— DΞRΞK ⚡ KΞSSLΞR (@derekakessler) December 1, 2017
*insert chef kissing fingers emoji here* https://t.co/siOV1ahzut— Leslie Grossman (@MissLeslieG) November 30, 2017
Cheers to calling out politicians who flip-flop—which is a lot of them!
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.