- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
- Trump demands networks blacklist these guests—including prominent Democrats Today 9:09 AM
- Bookworms! Now’s your chance to grab 3 months of Amazon Music for free Today 9:00 AM
- You can get paid $1,000 to binge-watch the first 20 Marvel movies Today 8:56 AM
- The ‘flat stomach’ meme has morphed into the ‘pregnant mom’ meme Today 8:43 AM
- Get 6 months free with this sweet Amazon Music Unlimited offer Today 8:30 AM
- Zoie Burgher tweets details about supposed threesome with FaZe Pamaj, Abigale Mandler Today 8:09 AM
- How to stream MLB Network for free Today 8:05 AM
- BTS fans at war over these divisive Mattel dolls Today 7:38 AM
- ‘ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre’ revisits one of Ireland’s greatest tragedies Today 7:00 AM
- 12 underrated Netflix comedy specials you should watch now Today 7:00 AM
- Debunking the biggest Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez conspiracy theories Today 6:30 AM
No matter what shit goes down the other 364 days of the year, or what happens when your whole family is gathered around the turkey, there is one sure thing: the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City.
A microcosm of Broadway musicals, high school marching bands, and oversized commercial balloons, the parade remains mostly the same year after year. But this Thanksgiving, some people noticed one guy looking a little worse for the wear, leading to the question: Is the Pillsbury Doughboy OK?
pardon me, what is going on with the Pillsbury Doughboy’s mouth? pic.twitter.com/S5tOl9JVW4
— jessica testa (@jtes) November 22, 2018
According to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Wikia page, this is the Pillsbury Company’s second balloon. The first flew in the parade until 2013, and the one that went up Thursday has been in commission since 2014.
But as many on Twitter pointed out, the Doughboy—aka Poppin’ Fresh—isn’t looking so, well, fresh.
— Tony Gamblin (@tonygmpt) November 22, 2018
— DoctorFox (@drfox) November 22, 2018
The Pillsbury doughboy balloon’s mouth is a nightmare
— Famously Dead Uncle (@CBazenas) November 22, 2018
"He needs botox now. Look at those wrinkles." – my mom when she saw the Pillsbury dough boy balloon. #MacysParade
— Justin Bradford (@justinbbradford) November 22, 2018
why does it look like the pillsbury doughboy’s dentures fell out pic.twitter.com/ZwWgjQ6iJn
— Jadyn Gonzales (@j_done_with_you) November 22, 2018
#macysthanksgivingdayparade The Pillsbury Doughboy looked like he'd been left in the oven too long & the Jolly Green Giant on the float behind him looked traumatized by what he'd seen
— Ned Damk (@neddamk) November 22, 2018
Perhaps it’s because the Doughboy went through this trauma at last year’s parade, per Wikia: “In 2017, he kept swaying side to side dangerously and almost hit a tree and a building.”
Or maybe he’s just feeling how we’re all feeling after this year: Tired as hell but still going.
the pillsbury doughboy has seen some shit this year but he's still thriving and that, my friends, is the 2018 mood pic.twitter.com/U1vubehY3Y
— emma lord (@dilemmalord) November 22, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.