- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series 8 Months Ago
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Today 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Today 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Today 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Today 11:32 AM
- Cop under investigation after implying Ocasio-Cortez should be shot Today 11:07 AM
- The ‘Big Little Lies’ finale sucked—but at least we have Renata Today 11:01 AM
- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress Today 10:45 AM
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people Today 10:02 AM
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
- How to watch ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 online Today 8:21 AM
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird Today 7:07 AM
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? Today 6:30 AM
No matter what shit goes down the other 364 days of the year, or what happens when your whole family is gathered around the turkey, there is one sure thing: the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City.
A microcosm of Broadway musicals, high school marching bands, and oversized commercial balloons, the parade remains mostly the same year after year. But this Thanksgiving, some people noticed one guy looking a little worse for the wear, leading to the question: Is the Pillsbury Doughboy OK?
pardon me, what is going on with the Pillsbury Doughboy’s mouth? pic.twitter.com/S5tOl9JVW4— jessica testa (@jtes) November 22, 2018
According to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Wikia page, this is the Pillsbury Company’s second balloon. The first flew in the parade until 2013, and the one that went up Thursday has been in commission since 2014.
But as many on Twitter pointed out, the Doughboy—aka Poppin’ Fresh—isn’t looking so, well, fresh.
The Pillsbury doughboy balloon’s mouth is a nightmare— Famously Dead Uncle (@CBazenas) November 22, 2018
"He needs botox now. Look at those wrinkles." - my mom when she saw the Pillsbury dough boy balloon. #MacysParade— Justin Bradford (@justinbbradford) November 22, 2018
why does it look like the pillsbury doughboy’s dentures fell out pic.twitter.com/ZwWgjQ6iJn— Jadyn Gonzales (@j_done_with_you) November 22, 2018
#macysthanksgivingdayparade The Pillsbury Doughboy looked like he'd been left in the oven too long & the Jolly Green Giant on the float behind him looked traumatized by what he'd seen— Ned Damk (@neddamk) November 22, 2018
Perhaps it’s because the Doughboy went through this trauma at last year’s parade, per Wikia: “In 2017, he kept swaying side to side dangerously and almost hit a tree and a building.”
Or maybe he’s just feeling how we’re all feeling after this year: Tired as hell but still going.
the pillsbury doughboy has seen some shit this year but he's still thriving and that, my friends, is the 2018 mood pic.twitter.com/U1vubehY3Y— emma lord (@dilemmalord) November 22, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.