- How to watch Tigres vs. Cruz Azul online for free 2 Months Ago
- How to watch Arsenal vs. Chelsea online for free Today 5:21 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig online for free Today 5:07 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Sevilla online for free Today 4:48 AM
- Netflix says ‘Fortnite’ is more competition than HBO Friday 8:25 PM
- This computer-generated Insta model looks staggeringly real Friday 7:15 PM
- Netflix is bringing back ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ with ‘Stranger Things’ producer Friday 6:42 PM
- Facebook is creating a meme feature to bring back the teens Friday 4:13 PM
- A hitman’s smartwatch helped send him to prison for life Friday 4:05 PM
- Privacy group files complaints against Netlifx, Spotify for GDPR violations Friday 3:02 PM
- Bikini Kill reunion show sale proves the internet is still hell for live music fans Friday 2:55 PM
- Teen’s photo of Nazi-themed school-dance invite goes viral Friday 2:31 PM
- Ben Shapiro comes out as pro-baby Hitler in March for Life message Friday 2:28 PM
- Facebook staffers caught writing 5-star Amazon reviews for Portal speaker Friday 2:27 PM
- R. Kelly supporters are using #FirstThem to protect him Friday 1:55 PM
No matter what shit goes down the other 364 days of the year, or what happens when your whole family is gathered around the turkey, there is one sure thing: the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City.
A microcosm of Broadway musicals, high school marching bands, and oversized commercial balloons, the parade remains mostly the same year after year. But this Thanksgiving, some people noticed one guy looking a little worse for the wear, leading to the question: Is the Pillsbury Doughboy OK?
pardon me, what is going on with the Pillsbury Doughboy’s mouth? pic.twitter.com/S5tOl9JVW4
— jessica testa (@jtes) November 22, 2018
According to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Wikia page, this is the Pillsbury Company’s second balloon. The first flew in the parade until 2013, and the one that went up Thursday has been in commission since 2014.
But as many on Twitter pointed out, the Doughboy—aka Poppin’ Fresh—isn’t looking so, well, fresh.
— Tony Gamblin (@tonygmpt) November 22, 2018
— DoctorFox (@drfox) November 22, 2018
The Pillsbury doughboy balloon’s mouth is a nightmare
— Famously Dead Uncle (@CBazenas) November 22, 2018
"He needs botox now. Look at those wrinkles." – my mom when she saw the Pillsbury dough boy balloon. #MacysParade
— Justin Bradford (@justinbbradford) November 22, 2018
why does it look like the pillsbury doughboy’s dentures fell out pic.twitter.com/ZwWgjQ6iJn
— Jadyn Gonzales (@j_done_with_you) November 22, 2018
#macysthanksgivingdayparade The Pillsbury Doughboy looked like he'd been left in the oven too long & the Jolly Green Giant on the float behind him looked traumatized by what he'd seen
— Ned Damk (@neddamk) November 22, 2018
Perhaps it’s because the Doughboy went through this trauma at last year’s parade, per Wikia: “In 2017, he kept swaying side to side dangerously and almost hit a tree and a building.”
Or maybe he’s just feeling how we’re all feeling after this year: Tired as hell but still going.
the pillsbury doughboy has seen some shit this year but he's still thriving and that, my friends, is the 2018 mood pic.twitter.com/U1vubehY3Y
— emma lord (@dilemmalord) November 22, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.