- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
- White woman demanding strangers ‘repent’ for Christ sparks conversation on mental illness and racism Sunday 9:27 PM
- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Sunday 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Sunday 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Sunday 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Sunday 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
Memes are often used to mock things people don’t like. While that can be fun, it’s nice to see one that showcases cooperation instead. That’s the idea with the new “hands” meme that seems to be all over Twitter lately. The object labeling meme allows users to showcase (often disparate) groups that come together over a common interest or goal.
For instance, it doesn’t matter if you’re a little kid or a hardcore goth, you’re gonna love Halloween.
It'll be here before you know it pic.twitter.com/jfEG1OdiVg— Sav is gettin married! (@doodlefrog) August 7, 2018
Also, it doesn’t matter if you’re a dad who went to high school in the ’80s, or a queer teen today: You can bond over Depeche Mode.
This one tho pic.twitter.com/q80QBoe15x— Madre Muerte (@bloodIust_) August 9, 2018
The list goes on and on.
i'm obsessed with these memes pic.twitter.com/gpa5GTQ2o4— rowan (@brigsbeebear) August 15, 2018
We came up with this last night pic.twitter.com/xfDGYAq9jp— Pola (@bitterpola) August 17, 2018
some thoughts pic.twitter.com/o9Dh6qa1tK— avocado baby (@wine_dad) August 19, 2018
It’s not unlike the “Epic Handshake” meme from Predator that recently made a comeback.
Or just the classic “Business Handshake” meme.
The new meme allows you to add more groups based on the number of hands available.
So does this meme perhaps herald a new era of understanding and cooperation among different races, religions, and political factions? Probably not, but it’s nice to know that we can all at least agree that churros are delicious.
Hey, it’s a start.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.