- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Today 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Today 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Today 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Today 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Today 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Today 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Today 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Today 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Today 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
Man wins lifetime supply of tater tots with half-court shot
Let’s hope dipping sauces are also included.
Legends walk among us.
A Memphis Grizzlies fan at Wednesday’s game against the Cleveland Cavaliers might have been distraught about his team’s loss, but at least he has a lifelong supply of tater tots to comfort him after this half-court shot.
The fan came down to the court during a break in the game’s first half as part of a promotional contest, and while people might have been at the game to watch the Grizzlies and Cavaliers duke it out, they were elated to see this dude sink a basket and win everlasting potato bliss.
But it wasn’t all happy endings. Apparently the guy was escorted out after trying to get some celebratory high-fives from basketball players.
Fan hit halfcourt shot during TO, got so excited he tried breaking into Grizzlies huddle looking for high 5s. Security sent him on his way
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydNBA) October 29, 2015
Is this an even bigger deal than winning free college tuition from nailing a shot like this? You tell us.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.