- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Grimes has the most adorable tour rider in indie rock
The musician posted her rider to Tumblr, and it’s adorable.
Canadian electronic musician Grimes (real name Claire Boucher) played the Austin City Limits Music Festival last weekend and returns this weekend for the fest’s second spin. As often happens with festivals of that magnitude, riders and backstage hospitality are important to certain musicians. On Monday, she posted excerpts of her backstage rider to her Tumblr.
In addition to eco-friendly plates, glasses, and silverware, and a ban on peanuts, there’s a special request: cute dogs. More specifically, “one cute bulldog, French bulldog, pug, or pomeranian” to hang out with, before and/or after the show. Chinchillas also welcome.
If you visit Grimes’s Tumblr, you might also notice the pop-up ad for “Adult Cat Finder,” in which a cat types feverishly on a computer, ostensibly looking for a “mature” mate.
Perhaps there’s some sort of matchmaking service for Grimes fans with cute dogs? Or maybe that will soon be its own Tumblr.
H/T Death and Taxes | Screengrab via Grimes VEVO/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.