- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare 3 Years Ago
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
Grandma delivers on Thanksgiving dinner for the teen she randomly texted
She came through!
A couple of weeks ago, everyone enjoyed the feel-good story of a grandmother who accidentally texted a Thanksgiving invitation to a random teen, then told him he was welcome to come despite the mixup. Well, grandma came through! The two met in person Thursday, according to Arizona news station ABC 15.
Wanda Dench meant to text her real grandson, but instead she got Jamal Hinton, who became her “honorary grandson” after they exchanged selfies. He may have just been joking when he asked “can I get a plate?” but the invitation was sincere, and he took her up on it.
“I’d never seen her before and she welcomed me into her home,” 17-year-old Hinton told ABC 15. “That shows me how great of a person she is, I’m thankful for people like that.”
And did he get a plate? Hell yeah. Turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, cheesecake .. grandma’s got the full spread.
“Grandma’s the GOAT,” Jamal said. The greatest of all time.
Dench didn’t think what she did was anything out of the ordinary, though. As she said in her text message, “that’s what grandmas do, feed everyone.”
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.