- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
- All four of 2020’s Marvel/DC movies are directed by women Thursday 11:57 AM
- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Thursday 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Thursday 10:04 AM
This graduating high school class got down with a hype megamix
America’s best graduation crew.
Graduations are usually very boring affairs. You sit there for hours, waiting for those precious few seconds when your sibling crosses the stage to accept a little scroll. But things are different in Hawaii, especially at Kahuku High School.
Yup that’s a 10-minute dance megamix including “Uptown Funk,” “Shake It Off,” and some other super viral hits of the last year.
According to the video’s description, “This is the senior class of 2015 at Kahuku High School located in Hawaii more specifically the North Shore of Oahu. The seniors learned this number in 2 days…they did a great job.” The last part is especially true; these seniors did a very good job!
Most importantly though, they managed to absolutely own one of the Internet’s most hype Vine songs, Silento’s “Watch Me.” Just look at this slice of perfection:
That’s the most hype thing ever. “Watch Me,” if you didn’t know, was recorded by Silento, a 17-year-old rapper out of Houston. In the past month, the song has climbed the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart to sit at #25. (Billboard has a fascinating look at the song’s rise through Vine and how it became a veritable sensation outside of social media.)
The celebration also features Internet-popular dance moves like “The Whip” and “The Nae Nae,” and the class of 2015 hits them all with precision. These graduates deserve way more than a stuffed owl or a card with some cash in it. Like, a national tour at least.
Screengrab via MoStreetProductions/YouTube
Myles Tanzer is a former contributor to the Daily Dot with an emphasis on technology and viral news. He is currently the Fader's news editor, having previously written and edited for Vogue, BuzzFeed, and Gawker.