- Which direwolves are left in ‘Game of Thrones’? 3 Months Ago
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere brings no spoilers, but plenty of emotion 3 Months Ago
- Kamala Harris calls on House to begin impeachment proceeding against Trump 3 Months Ago
- Twitch kills ‘Joy of Sex’ category—and gamers are furious Today 8:19 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts and gadgets for high-tech moms Today 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Music Teacher’ is another lifeless melodrama about an emotionally illiterate man Today 6:45 AM
- 3 things we saw at the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere Today 6:30 AM
- How to use Google Home Hub as a digital photo frame Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Netflix on Apple devices without AirPlay support Today 5:00 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate player’s trans flag removed for being ‘political’ Monday 7:37 PM
- Does Donald Trump Jr. know what American soldiers do? Monday 7:17 PM
- Sophie Turner has a hot take on Arya’s ‘Game of Thrones’ sex scene Monday 6:50 PM
- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Monday 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Monday 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Monday 2:37 PM
Guy gets roasted for throwing razor in the toilet to protest Gillette
— warroom (@warroom) January 15, 2019
“It’s protest against a commercial containing every negative stereotype ever aimed at men as though we were all like that,” Twitter user @warroom wrote. “I thought liberals were against gender stereotyping but I guess they’re only against SOME stereotypes.”
I’ll go slow. It’s protest against a commercial containing every negative stereotype ever aimed at men as though we were all like that. I thought liberals were against gender stereotyping but I guess they’re only against SOME stereotypes. Get it? #GilleteAd
— warroom (@warroom) January 16, 2019
But people on Twitter were more concerned with whether the person would flush the razor down the toilet (and presumably break the toilet), or if he would have to put his hand in the toilet bowl to retrieve the razor.
Having to call a plumber to own the libs.
— Kevin M. Kruse (@KevinMKruse) January 16, 2019
Now show us the picture where you fished it out of the toilet because you can't flush a razor
— Thor Benson (@thor_benson) January 16, 2019
Even a sewage company got in on the trolling action.
hello clog https://t.co/X0u33i6qqC
— NE Ohio Regional Sewer (@neorsd) January 16, 2019
After the concerned inquiries, @warroom reassured everyone that, no, he was not dumb enough to actually flush his razor down the toilet.
If you REALLY believe I’d be dumb enough to try to actually flush, you’re dumber than you think I am #GilletteAd
— warroom (@warroom) January 16, 2019
He wasn’t not the only one to protest the company by discarding its products.
I don’t always throw new unused items away! But when I do they are Gillette! pic.twitter.com/Rqk0xQCP9m
— Tim (@its_tim3672) January 16, 2019
“I don’t always throw new unused items away! But when I do they are Gillette!” user @its_tim3672 wrote.
This was the #Gillette razor I was sent on my 18th birthday. It's been with me through basic training, four deployments, and seven moves. I've used it almost everyday for the past 15 years. But since @Gillette thinks I'm a bad person, I'm throwing it away. #BoycottGillette pic.twitter.com/yVwFx4z9QH
— Truffle Fries (@fakespike1) January 16, 2019
The Gillette advertisement garnered mixed reactions from the public when it was released on Monday, spurning a movement to #BoycottGillette who apparently didn’t agree with Gillette’s platform of “the best in men.”
— Evil Broseph (@EvilBroseph) January 16, 2019
Real men boycott Gillette. I will never by a Gillette razor again.
— Burton Vigil (@Burton74939379) January 15, 2019
Another day, another group of people throwing out products they already bought to protest companies they don’t agree with.
PLUMBER: So your pipes were clogged with Gillette razors, Nike socks, and Keurig K-cups. Does your son by any chance like to—
MOM: He likes to own the libs, yes.
— Jason O. Gilbert (@gilbertjasono) January 16, 2019
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad
- Upskirting will soon be illegal in England
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’
H/T BuzzFeed News
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.